The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
13 registered members (5/8 ton, aggie jon, Gmetzger, bluesman, 47bolter, 2 invisible), 373 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,531
Posts930,236
Members42,646
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I am a Happy Grandpa [Re: idaho39] #1331555 Mon Oct 28 2019 02:02 PM
W
WE b OLD Online
Master Gabster
My wife has a difficult time changing diapers, throw away. She would gag so if I was home I did it. The one comments that would annoy me was when I would take my son places without my wife people would ask if I had babysitting duties. I took him a lot of time especially on weekends because I had those off when he was a baby. We would take the MGA in nice weather he couldn't see over the door so he saw a lot of trees. I did work in the church nursery a lot and in the days of cloth ones. Some parents would not leave their children unless I was there. They there would be no crying. I would look at the child and tell the there would be none of that and they shut up and talking about 6 months old or older.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Re: I am a Happy Grandpa [Re: idaho39] #1331557 Mon Oct 28 2019 02:13 PM
tclederman Offline
Boltergeist
As I posted/added/edited above, I have changed few (less than 10) diapers; however, I gladly dispose of the diapers.

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban - part of the family for 48 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic - part of the family for 14 years
Z-series (54/55) GMC 350 (2-ton) COE - now part of Dave's family
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engine are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler.
Re: I am a Happy Grandpa [Re: idaho39] #1331571 Mon Oct 28 2019 03:45 PM
I
idaho39 Offline OP
Shop Shark
I have felt like a bad father too . and when talking to my kids about it ,,they tell me I was not a bad father and they remember things that they and I did that I do not recall,,, and the times I do recall seemed like not as many as there should of been. I worked and built our own house ,shop and yard lawn .. once when roofing the house with shakes ,, I leaned two 2x8's from the roof line down to the ground and let them climb the ladder and slide down the boards.. they remembered that and so does ther mother as she was scared of them falling.. I figured a little height was good to learn for them .. I guess looking back in time ,one thinks of more we could of done .. I did build a "pully swing ' i called it ,,as it was like a zip line ,,and that they had a lot of fun on with their frinds as it was about 75 feet of line or so . just reminincing I am..

be glad to hear your stories

Re: I am a Happy Grandpa [Re: idaho39] #1331671 Tue Oct 29 2019 01:31 AM
52Carl Offline
Master Gabster
If judgement of what makes a good father is based on the number of poopy diapers changed, I would be near the bottom of that pile. I do believe that I did make up for it post-diaper age however.

Re: I am a Happy Grandpa [Re: 52Carl] #1331711 Tue Oct 29 2019 03:50 AM
R
Rich'sToys Offline
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by 52Carl
If judgement of what makes a good father is based on the number of poopy diapers changed, I would be near the bottom of that pile.

I'm sure I would be also. Probably a number of other things I didn't do as well as I should have either. But the kids are in their 30's and 40's now and seem to have turned out all right.
Kids don't come with owner's manuals. You give it your best shot and do what seems right at the time, and by the grace of God it usually turns out OK.

Rich

'47 Loadmaster

One of the biggest problems facing the world today is apathy. But who cares?

Re: I am a Happy Grandpa [Re: idaho39] #1331718 Tue Oct 29 2019 05:27 AM
69Cuda Offline
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Congratulations on the new little one! I am a young grandpa at 55. We have 5 grandkids and one on the way. The oldest one is 12. When my kids were younger, I had my own business and would take my oldest daughter or twin boys with me in my stepvan all the time. They enjoyed getting to go with dad! My 2 oldest grandkids grew up riding on our 59 Suburban. I took them out on halloween one year, (they were dressed up as princesses, one was Cinderella) so we nicknamed the suburban "the carriage".

Mike

1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!)
In the Stovebolt Gallery

1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery

1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Re: I am a Happy Grandpa [Re: idaho39] #1331767 Tue Oct 29 2019 04:29 PM
I
idaho39 Offline OP
Shop Shark

thx Cuda .. It is nce you have many memories with the kids .. I think me getting older and forgetting more is the main reason I feel at times that I did not do as much as I could of with my kids, ,they remind me of things we did I had forgotten ,,

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop