A well overdue update!
For the past few months I've been working on and off this truck, mostly repairing the rust on the cab. It seemed to have a growing theme of "Bondo over rust". Both outer corners had been replaced previously though were poorly welded in and had bondo slathered over them. I removed all the bondo and touched up the welds to my satisfaction.https://photos.app.goo.gl/89C8voKW5jMfassM8
As for the floor, I hacked out the section with the galvanized welded over and bought a new floor piece(even though when the piece arrived it wasn't exactly what I ordered, but I made it work) and proceeded to cut it to the right dimensions.https://photos.app.goo.gl/L28tfSik7H9HwHJq7https://photos.app.goo.gl/NdmVXHUcMbTvzHcb6https://photos.app.goo.gl/1jSzccSjpD7o5wGeAhttps://photos.app.goo.gl/Ee73Rm4W36CCRXwj7
But before I could burn the new floor in, I needed to cut out a spot next to the hinge pocket that had rusted through and once again was hidden by bondo(I welded in that hole in the cab brace as well) Fabbed up a replacement panel from the old floor and put that in to appear factory.https://photos.app.goo.gl/4s6EYyoLVBymCgp37https://photos.app.goo.gl/ChmAaDEhZCLW7Sq37https://photos.app.goo.gl/pG59cVtwK2wekP25A
Then it was finally time for the floor to be put in! Luckily I still have the old section of floor to fill in the hole above the new floor.https://photos.app.goo.gl/JxMx8GZhvdz7YhLi6https://photos.app.goo.gl/HkYtCnDXb3TPFFhN8
So once the passenger side gets finished up, its off to the driver's. Thankfully its nowhere near as bad!