The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
16 registered members (Hotrod Lincoln, Bill Marlow, AtomV, EdPruss, drdoug, 3100Cummins), 177 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,443
Posts929,569
Members42,639
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
photo hosting site photobucket #1328361 Tue Oct 01 2019 12:33 PM
Achipmunk Offline OP
Extreme Gabster
For some time I keep getting regular emails from photobucket that my account needs "urgent attention".
I never moved all my photos from there and never pay them.......so what will they eventually do with the pics????
Just curious if anyone knows or have heard anything. (I've used google since photobucket wanted me to pay big bucks to stay.)

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: photo hosting site photobucket [Re: Achipmunk] #1328382 Tue Oct 01 2019 02:29 PM
W
WE b OLD Offline
Master Gabster
That is what they are trying to do, get you to pay big bucks to get your photos. I am locked out of Photobucket and also Webshots. The only way I can get mine is to sign up. I did take the ones on here and email them to my self then transfer to my google account in the cloud, whatever that means. I just clicked you Photobucket on here and if I copy the address and send it to my self I will have them on my email.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Re: photo hosting site photobucket [Re: Achipmunk] #1328387 Tue Oct 01 2019 03:13 PM
Tiny Offline
Global Mod
When they threw the stuff into the fan I closed my account. They froze my photos which was OK because everything I had on PB were copies of images I have on my computer and backup HD. I did tell them that if I caught them selling ANY of my images without my permission I'd sue them. Apparently they threw the old management team out and are trying to repair things. It'll be a cold day where politicians live before I go back to PB. Some reading below.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/24/18701132/photobucket-photo-storage-pricing-flickr

Last edited by Tiny; Tue Oct 01 2019 03:23 PM.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Re: photo hosting site photobucket [Re: Achipmunk] #1328395 Tue Oct 01 2019 04:18 PM
2ManyTrucks Offline
Shop Shark

advice i give anyone posting photos online
post a slightly cropped version with the metadata removed (also know as Exif data)
metadata = stuff like date, time, camera model and settings, GPS location and direction

metadata can be modified by more computer savvy folks so even your original is not absolute proof that you are the creator of the image
having extra pixels around the edge that no one else does is fairly good proof you have the original
-s

1430s, 1420, 9430
-2MT
Re: photo hosting site photobucket [Re: Achipmunk] #1328398 Tue Oct 01 2019 04:48 PM
W
WE b OLD Offline
Master Gabster
Is Webshots doing the same thing? I am locked out of most of my early pictures of my truck transformation.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket

Moderated by  Tiny, Volfandt 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop