The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Share what you're up to this summer!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (coilover, WE b OLD, RmJr, 5 Window 9434, 1 invisible), 274 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics116,106
Posts923,238
Members42,338
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Let's take a door lock vote [Re: Matt_Texas] #1230090 Tue Aug 15 2017 12:03 AM
Achipmunk Offline
Extreme Gabster
my vote, leave it original. Luckily I have the 52 but I never lock it unless I'm sleeping in it. I try never have anything worth more than a pack of gum left in it when I park it. So far...so good.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: Let's take a door lock vote [Re: Matt_Texas] #1325717 Wed Sep 11 2019 02:25 AM
A
aggie jon Offline
Shop Shark
I've always been curious as to why the lock was on the passenger side and not the driver? Thinking possibly because back then most people parallel parked on the street and would allow you to exit to the curb and lock the vehicle there? spitballing here. I'll leave mine as it is. I honestly doubt anyone could even get it to start, i mean, who thinks about a foot stomp starter pedal?? Mine won't be a DD, but will get driven around town time to time. I figure I'll take that extra couple of minutes, scoot across the seat, and lock it up tight, just in case.

Re: Let's take a door lock vote [Re: twotone] #1325730 Wed Sep 11 2019 06:34 AM
M
miraclepieco Offline
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by twotone
At times it can be a pain in the rear, like when you've got new truck parts, groceries (beer), or some other obstacle sitting on the passenger seat and you can't slide in or reach across to lock or unlock the door.

See why I got a panel truck? Tools, parts and groceries stored safe and dry in the back.

My vote on door locks: Keep it original.

1951 Chevy Panel Truck
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  48bigtrucks 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop