The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Points to Ponder

LOVE STRUCK!

You might be a Stovebolt Lover

Check the New Stuff and Announcements Forum

What do you think?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
8 registered members (Jimmie D, Phak1, DIY.MechanicMike, Apache1, 2 invisible), 429 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics117,297
Posts937,860
Members42,893
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Let's take a door lock vote [Re: Matt_Texas] #1230090 Tue Aug 15 2017 12:03 AM
Achipmunk Offline
Extreme Gabster
my vote, leave it original. Luckily I have the 52 but I never lock it unless I'm sleeping in it. I try never have anything worth more than a pack of gum left in it when I park it. So far...so good.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: Let's take a door lock vote [Re: Matt_Texas] #1325717 Wed Sep 11 2019 02:25 AM
A
aggie jon Offline
Shop Shark
I've always been curious as to why the lock was on the passenger side and not the driver? Thinking possibly because back then most people parallel parked on the street and would allow you to exit to the curb and lock the vehicle there? spitballing here. I'll leave mine as it is. I honestly doubt anyone could even get it to start, i mean, who thinks about a foot stomp starter pedal?? Mine won't be a DD, but will get driven around town time to time. I figure I'll take that extra couple of minutes, scoot across the seat, and lock it up tight, just in case.

Re: Let's take a door lock vote [Re: twotone] #1325730 Wed Sep 11 2019 06:34 AM
M
miraclepieco Offline
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by twotone
At times it can be a pain in the rear, like when you've got new truck parts, groceries (beer), or some other obstacle sitting on the passenger seat and you can't slide in or reach across to lock or unlock the door.

See why I got a panel truck? Tools, parts and groceries stored safe and dry in the back.

My vote on door locks: Keep it original.

1951 Chevy Panel Truck
Re: Let's take a door lock vote [Re: Matt_Texas] #1336617 Fri Dec 06 2019 02:26 AM
C
cmayna Offline
Shop Shark
My '50 is the same. I simply do not bother to lock it. Don't ever leave anything of major value in the cab.

Craig's '50 Chevy 3100 5 window
My truck
If I'm not working on my truck or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Re: Let's take a door lock vote [Re: Matt_Texas] #1336621 Fri Dec 06 2019 02:52 AM
D
delux54panel Offline
Shop Shark
I re-keyed another push button to fit the same key, and put it in the driver side door handle. Simple, boom, bam, done!
There may have been some shortening of the push button shaft, it was 25 yrs ago.
Now one key fits the whole truck. Front doors, glove box, ignition, rear barn door, gas cap.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  48bigtrucks 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop