The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Share what you're up to this summer!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RmJr), 276 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics116,106
Posts923,238
Members42,338
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1956 GMC 2.5 ton ARMY truck #1324257 Sat Aug 31 2019 02:22 AM
H
Husker Offline OP
Shop Shark
Hi all. My little town of Scofield, Utah is selling a 1956 GMC deuce and a half Army truck in a highest and best sealed bid auction.
I figured there would be a few big-bolt guys and gals here who might be interested.
Due to it's military history, there is no title. It is offered for sale "as is" - assume it does not run. It has been sitting parked for the 25 years I have been a resident. Body is straight. Missing one wheel.

If you want additional information leave a message at 435-448-9221, or e-mail scofield84526@gmail.com
If you want more specific pictures e-mailed to you, shoot me a PM. (I've been nominated as the photographer and internet advertiser by the Town Council. hehe)

This truck and another Army truck (sorry, not a GM make, a 1957 D@#%e 3/4 ton) are advertised on KSL.com (our local on-line classifieds). The following link will get you to the KSL link which includes pictures and bidding details.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/search?category[

(Until I figure out how to fix the link, type " 57337889 " in the search box on the website and it will bring up the listing.)

https://classifieds.ksl.com/search?category[]=&subCategory[]=&keyword=57337889&priceFrom=&priceTo=&zip=&miles=25&sellerType[]=&marketType[]=Sale&hasPhotos[]=&postedTime[]=

Here's the run-down:
$100.01 basically OBO via sealed bids
Bids must be received by Friday, October 11, 2019.
Bids should include your contact information and be sent to:

Scofield Town
Attn: Truck bid 1956 2.5 ton
HCR 35 - 560
Scofield, UT 84526

The bids will be opened and the winners determined on October 14th. The winners will be notified by October 15th. The truck must be paid for in full by the time of pickup, which needs to be before October 31st (unless other arrangements have been made with the Town). Delivery is NOT available. Transportation must be arranged.

What else can I say? It is a seriously cool truck that would make a good project truck. Lots of possibilities, and you never know... you might get it for a heck of a bargain. ;-)

Tiny and John, I hope this is okay to post like this, but let me know if I need to do something different. I will upload the pics to my google pic account and then add the link to it in a bit.

Thanks for looking and I hope some happy stovebolter wins the bid. :-)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WjBKJAZBHQSEhspT8

P.S. Okay, it's been a long time since I've posted anything on the Stovebolt site. ... help... I'm having trouble getting the links to work. It's something simple, I know it is..... ;-(

Last edited by Husker; Sat Aug 31 2019 04:15 AM.
Re: 1956 GMC 2.5 ton ARMY truck [Re: Husker] #1324260 Sat Aug 31 2019 02:56 AM
M
Mike B Offline
Shop Shark
I see it has an Allison automatic trans! Wonder if the engine is still in it as they didn't post any pictures of the engine???

John, does the M37 bring back good memories??? eeeek Looks pretty complete...

Mike B smile

Re: 1956 GMC 2.5 ton ARMY truck [Re: Mike B] #1324263 Sat Aug 31 2019 03:34 AM
H
Husker Offline OP
Shop Shark
Mike, it does have the engine. I peeked under the hood, but I didn't climb up to take a close look.
I'll pop the hood and take some pics tomorrow morning. :-)

Re: 1956 GMC 2.5 ton ARMY truck [Re: Husker] #1324265 Sat Aug 31 2019 04:06 AM
2-Ton Offline
Shop Shark
Husker, Where you been?
Have not seen you post anything in a long time!

And John, what did you do with that M-37 I sold you. Hopefully not to the scrapers.

Don

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
'46 2-Ton grain truck
'48 3/4-ton grain truck
'50 2-ton flatbed
'54 Pontiac Straight Eight
'70 American LaFrance pumper fire truck.
Re: 1956 GMC 2.5 ton ARMY truck [Re: 2-Ton] #1324269 Sat Aug 31 2019 04:41 AM
H
Husker Offline OP
Shop Shark
Hey, 2-Ton. :-) Been working a full-time job, our business counts as another half-full time job, and trying to complete an on-line 4-yr college degree. So, I've been staying away from the pretty, pitted, rusty, classic, gorgeous distractions ... otherwise known as old cars and trucks. And have been limiting my socializing in an attempt to stay focused. ... That being said, it sure feels good to be back!! :-)

Re: 1956 GMC 2.5 ton ARMY truck [Re: Husker] #1324274 Sat Aug 31 2019 11:41 AM
Tiny Offline
Global Mod
Items for sale in the Swap Meet must have a price. This is a neat item but unless there's a "give me this much money and you can take it home" price, this isn't the place for it. I'll move it to the 'Spoon.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Re: 1956 GMC 2.5 ton ARMY truck [Re: Tiny] #1324278 Sat Aug 31 2019 12:33 PM
H
Husker Offline OP
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by Tiny
Items for sale in the Swap Meet must have a price. This is a neat item but unless there's a "give me this much money and you can take it home" price, this isn't the place for it. I'll move it to the 'Spoon.

That will work, Tiny. I wasn't sure about where to put it, but I knew you guys would help me out. Thanks! I almost posted it in the Craigslist/e-bay forum, but that didn't seem to be quite the right place either. ;-)

Re: 1956 GMC 2.5 ton ARMY truck [Re: Husker] #1324370 Sun Sep 01 2019 02:03 PM
John Milliman Offline
Founder/Developer
Or the spotting forum .... Sealed bid auctions don't need to conform to the "must have a price" rule ... wink

Don -- Your M-37 went to a guy down in VA who is restoring it. My M-37 went to a guy in Ohio who is enjoying it with his grandsons.

As for Husker's spots -- The M-135 looks like scrap metal, or a parts truck, to me. But then again, I was never a very big fan of those things. I think they're ugly compared to an M-35 or the 809 series. And the Allison is no prize, either. I think the best thing is to get it for scrap value, grab the 302, axles and transfer case, and scrap the rest of it.

The M-37, on the other hand, looks pretty complete and unmolested -- the local VFD never got a chance to butcher it up for a brush truck wink Not a winch truck, though. Still a neat truck even without the winch. Get it cheap, throw away the flathead six (it's probably locked up anyhow) and put a 4BT Cummins in it smile .... or ... the 302 from the Deuce eeeek

John

'49 Chevrolet 3804
'70 Boston Whaler Sakonnet w/ '84 Evinrude 90
'85 Ford F-350 "The Farm Dawg"

Re: 1956 GMC 2.5 ton ARMY truck [Re: Husker] #1324752 Tue Sep 03 2019 10:10 PM
H
Husker Offline OP
Shop Shark
John or Tiny,

I don't want to cause lots of confusion, but perhaps the "Spotting" forum would be more appropriate. Leastwise, if someone were looking for a truck, they would be more apt to go there than in the 'Spoon. :-)
I'll send a PM to see if it can be moved.

Moderated by  John Milliman, Tiny 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop