The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
18 registered members (DavidBraley, 2ManyTrucks, 66flea, Bill Trotter, 03marauderman, 2 invisible), 354 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,553
Posts930,443
Members42,652
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Mar-K Bed Wood Kit [Re: DoubleDingo] #1327090 Sat Sep 21 2019 04:22 PM
47PUJim Offline
Shop Shark
I’ve bought replacement panels, bed wood and fasteners from Mar-K. Everything was shipped perfectly packaged and undamages. Any questions I had were thoroughly answered via phone or in the Bed thread. The parts fit fit spot on. I will never hesitate ordering from them.

I’m still debating what to use finish the wood. I’m leaning toward clear coat on all 6 sides. I just like the look. Having done some woodworking though, I still haven’t read anything conclusive about durability/flexibility in the wood. I have examined beds though that were CCed and they looked good.. ......”Por me”. Haha.....

Re: Mar-K Bed Wood Kit [Re: DoubleDingo] #1327110 Sat Sep 21 2019 06:31 PM
G
Gord&Fran Offline
Shop Shark
I used Minwax Helmsman spar urethane and I like the look. I chose this product because other users of this site (experienced woodworkers) had used it. I will leave it to you to use the search feature.

Can't tell you how long it lasts as it's only been a couple of years and the truck lives in a garage and hasn't been driven in the rain.

Gord
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
"I am not the kind of person who gets things done yesterday. I get them done when I feel like it. Often I do not get them done at all" - Joe Queenan
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop