The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Nothing new here ...

STOVEBOLT FEVER

There is no cure!

Thanks to all of you, we have been virtual for over 25 years.

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
18 members (51sub, 66flea, 5 Window 9434, 47fivewindow, 3 invisible), 262 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics117,641
Posts941,065
Members43,016
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Disappearing tools
#1320927 Wed Aug 07 2019 09:43 PM
C
Shop Shark
First, my transmission extension housing bushing puller disappeared (probably loaned it out) and I called a half dozen shops plus Auto Zone and NAPA without locating a rent out one. Finally one shop told me they didn't work on many rear wheel drive cars and the tool is pricey if not used often. My 37 Buick has an "X" center cross member with the tail housing tucked tight into the "X" so it's not removable in the car. I hate spending a couple hundred bucks on what will probably be a one time use tool but I don't hate it as much as pulling the trans out of the beast. Tomorrow I'll call some a/t shops and offer double the tool cost deposit for a loaner. Bugtussle Trek (google it) is just a short time away and 37 is up on lift, does anyone detect a hint of desperation? Have participated for 51 years in a row.

Evan
Re: Disappearing tools
coilover #1320989 Thu Aug 08 2019 11:17 AM
S
Shop Shark
Evan;

I just searched ebay and there are some transmission bushing tools listed. One that might interest you is a "vintage Pontiac" tool. I think that B-O-P back in the day shared many driveline parts. Good luck.

SimS

Re: Disappearing tools
coilover #1321931 Thu Aug 15 2019 05:18 AM
T
I have more zippers then a pair of cargo pants
You must have that very elusive creatures called "Volkswagen Gremlins" big_eek eek
You only get them if you've had a VW in your shop or sometimes just in the driveway.
They're know for taking tools & returning them after the job is done cry dang ohwell
They leave when they decide to leave & at times will come back years later just to remind you they haven't forgotten about you wave wave wave
I hate those little boogers.... joe

Donate Blood, Plasma, Platelets & Sign Your DONORS CARD.
The Life You SAVE Might Be Someone You Know and LOVE.

Two possibilities exist:
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.
Both are equally terrifying.
Arthur C. Clarke

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop