The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Happy Birthday U S A !

Celebrating

Life, Liberty
and the
Persuit of Happiness

Happy Birthday
A M E R I C A

July 4 - 246 years

Stories, Pictures, Thoughts

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 members (55shaker, kades51, JW51, DaveV, Bill Trotter, D B Cooper), 89 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,081
Posts1,037,105
Members45,928
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1302497 Sun Mar 10 2019 07:21 PM
C
'Bolter
I started to install a new wiring harness in a 54 chevy pu. One thing led to another and i ended up with everyting out from under the dash. Have painted the interior and am ready to install the under dash components. Does anyone have any suggestions which components to install first and an order to install them. i concerned about installing something the having to remove it to install something else. i dont like to redo things. Thanks for any suggestions.

M
'Bolter
Highest stuff first, then work your way down. Don't install your gauges, radio speaker grill or glovebox door until later - you'll need to reach in those front openings for underdash access.

Keep in mind however that I may be the King of having to remove parts to access parts that should have been installed first.

1951 Chevy Panel Truck
B
'Bolter
I have my dash on my 37 removed and on the bench. Gauges rebuilt and ready to install wiring harness. Can I wire all the gauges and key and light switch then install dash and let harness hang down until I am ready to put cab back on frame? Thanks for any help. Bill

1937 GC
'Bolter
Originally Posted by Bill Trotter
I have my dash on my 37 removed and on the bench. Gauges rebuilt and ready to install wiring harness. Can I wire all the gauges and key and light switch then install dash and let harness hang down until I am ready to put cab back on frame? Thanks for any help. Bill

I will bet you a dollar AND a donut that the assembly line guys did it that way.

B
'Bolter
Thanks for the pep talk 52 Carl!!!

1937 GC
C
'Bolter
thanks Shop Shark, i only asked to try not to take your kingship.

'Bolter
..luckily the 37 only had big screws holding the dash in place!!

On my 52panel I made "pigtails" for my wires so that once stuff was installed I could "plug and play". Worked out nicely.

1937 Chevy Pickup [stovebolt.com]

1952 Chevy Panel [stovebolt.com]
52 Chevy Panel [photos.app.goo.gl]

Pictures in my Photobucket [s140.photobucket.com]

1950 Chevy Coupe
https://photos.websearch.com/share/...Nko1cUJCNFFMTVFEUnNRbjFhNTFPc1J4YWV4cmRB

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
A
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by Achipmunk
..luckily the 37 only had big screws holding the dash in place!!

On my 52panel I made "pigtails" for my wires so that once stuff was installed I could "plug and play". Worked out nicely.

I plan on doing the very same thing, with enough slack to let the wires protrude through the front of the dash and make connections and test BEFORE everything is mounted up nice and clean. Then just turn a loop and a small zip tie will make it all look nice and neat.

R
'Bolter
it didn't madder how I done the wires it still look like a bird help me

Moderated by  ndkid275 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop