The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
12 registered members (78buckshot, FinnBolt, 47PUJim, Gray_Ghost, gsharum, 1 invisible), 360 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,503
Posts930,048
Members42,646
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cameo Bed #1317947 Tue Jul 16 2019 04:15 PM
T
TUTS 59 Online OP
Shop Shark
Has anyone converted a stepside bed to a Cameo ? I understand that the bed walls are the same, other than the outer fiberglass sides what else is different - front wall?

Craig

Come,Bleed or Blister somethings got to give!!!
Q:"What yah runnin"
A:"3/8 drive Black and Decker aquarium pump motor" (the movie HOTROD)

59' Apache 31, long term project (30 years and counting)
Re: Cameo Bed [Re: TUTS 59] #1317971 Tue Jul 16 2019 06:53 PM
A
Apache1 Offline
Shop Shark
Why not a fleetside bed....they are rare as originals...but I couldn't even imagine what kind of money a Cameo bed would command.

1959 Apache 3100 Fleetside SWB (Shop Truck) (modified)

Re: Cameo Bed [Re: TUTS 59] #1317999 Tue Jul 16 2019 09:49 PM
T
TUTS 59 Online OP
Shop Shark
I have just always liked the Cameo. I have been looking for a fleetside bed too, in coastal Georgia everything turns to rust. I have decent bed sides and 2 sets of fenders and steps. Was just wondering what else was different?

Craig

Re: Cameo Bed [Re: TUTS 59] #1318360 Fri Jul 19 2019 11:41 AM
D
dirtball Offline
Shop Shark
There are a number of small difference in beds. The basic size of the bed and method of mounting bed are the same. The bed side are different 1) no fender mounting holes 2) no middle stake pocket 3) bedsides have holes for mounting tail gate retractors 4) bed sides have holes in top rail for stainless steel strip, 5) have holes for tail gate latches.

The rear bumper and brackets are different than std truck

Tailgates are different.

You could convert a regular bed to use cameo parts pretty easy and no one would notice the slight differences. My guess is the cost of sourcing all the correct cameo parts is very similar to the cost of a complete cameo bed.. last bed I saw sell was $4500 complete with good non pitted trim and tail lights, and good chrome on rear bumper pieces

Last edited by dirtball; Fri Jul 19 2019 11:44 AM.

Old Truck addict
1950 chevy 1 ton napco
1956 gmc 1 ton dually napco
1954 chevy 3/4 ton napco
1957 gmc civil defense napco panel
Re: Cameo Bed [Re: TUTS 59] #1318375 Fri Jul 19 2019 01:12 PM
T
TUTS 59 Online OP
Shop Shark
Thank you for the insight. I hadn't thought about the fender mounting holes, I knew the stake pockets would need to be filled. I don't believe the bumper is reproduced, pretty sure the tail lights aren't. The bed side are available from several venders, not sure about the tailgate. For that amount of money I'll keep the stepside , I can always change the bed out later if I find one. Even bench racing is getting expensive.

Craig

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop