The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Share what you're up to this summer!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
18 registered members (BLR, five-oh, Drew54, bowtietim, 2 invisible), 361 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,442
Posts926,218
Members42,439
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Who is up for a road trip with Nan-NaN??? [Re: SWEET] #1317547 Sat Jul 13 2019 01:39 AM
53 green 1- ton Offline
Shop Shark
Sorry Pat, just seen your post. Better than frying. We will make it work.
See ya tomorrow
Jim

Jim Schmidt.
Bucks County, Pa.
Pix in Photobucket
Re: Who is up for a road trip with Nan-NaN??? [Re: SWEET] #1317557 Sat Jul 13 2019 02:44 AM
SWEET Offline OP
ODSS Lawman
Ready to go!

We are meeting at the industrial park across for the show at 9:39-10. A classic Stovebolt entry is planned! If you can come, great!!

SWEET
Sergeant At Arms
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society

BUNS?!?!?! Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....

1950 GMC 450 (25% owner)
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Re: Who is up for a road trip with Nan-NaN??? [Re: SWEET] #1317648 Sun Jul 14 2019 12:14 PM
T
TPR57C Offline
Shop Shark
They say silence is golden how many in the motorcade

57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Re: Who is up for a road trip with Nan-NaN??? [Re: SWEET] #1317669 Sun Jul 14 2019 03:50 PM
53 green 1- ton Offline
Shop Shark
Tim,
There were 6 trucks in total. I believe that 3 actually registered. 2 of them have trophies. The best part, 2nd to seeing Billy, Pat and his wife and Chris, was meeting Na-Na!!!
What a wonderful lady!! So many stories and her overwhelming drive. She just goes and goes. She is truly blessed for her good health. Not so much for her grandson thou!!
I’m so glad I had the pleasure to meet her. WOW!! “You go girl”, was written about her!
Jim
“Oh”, just in case you couldn’t guess, although it is quite obvious of whom received the trophy’s,
It was Billy and Pat. Congrats to the two of you for some beautiful pieces of rolling art!!!

Last edited by 53 green 1- ton; Sun Jul 14 2019 04:57 PM.

Jim Schmidt.
Bucks County, Pa.
Pix in Photobucket
Re: Who is up for a road trip with Nan-NaN??? [Re: SWEET] #1317677 Sun Jul 14 2019 04:44 PM
W
WE b OLD Offline
Master Gabster
I admire anyone that can go to those shows. Between the heat and the walking on uneven ground, it is not much fun for me anymore. Have fun and enjoy. I went to the Vintage Truck magazine show in Zena Ohio last year I had to take shelter in the nearby restaurants to survive.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Re: Who is up for a road trip with Nan-NaN??? [Re: WE b OLD] #1317680 Sun Jul 14 2019 05:38 PM
P
Pat66 Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Had amazing time,cars and trucks were great,the people you get to know are what makes the trip memorable .I hope a little of Nan-Nan's zeal for life rubs off on me,truly amazing woman .One fortunate stovebolter that was blessed to be on this trip.Pat

Re: Who is up for a road trip with Nan-NaN??? [Re: SWEET] #1317753 Mon Jul 15 2019 10:12 AM
B
Bill Marlow Offline
Camp Commandant
What a nice day it was. Thanks Chris for inviting us to attend the show with you. It was a pleasure meeting Nan-nan. The weather was nice and warm but there was a breeze which made it ok. Good food, lots of nice cars and trucks. A beautiful Diamond T won 1st place in our class and also best of show in the trucks category. It was very impressive. Chris sweet won the longest distance award and got a very nice plaque. Congrats Chris!
It was great seeing everyone that made it. If we do it again next year, it is a big event with lots of other stuff besides a car show going on so I would recommend it.

Billy
Exotic Animal Division

1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine
1946 Chevrolet 2-ton COE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q26XBoHtZH8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pj1WsnppKFAgAnvZ7

1959 GMC 860
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zu3Uf7Z7qocTGJvA9

50 GMC 450 Flatbed W/W, Air Brake equipt (25% Owner)
https://youtu.be/Alw3UWzqFVU

1950 Chevrolet 3800
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jNCZiHK9QGyBs5Ko7

“ I’ve got a trailer and I’m not afraid to use it! “
Re: Who is up for a road trip with Nan-NaN??? [Re: SWEET] #1317755 Mon Jul 15 2019 10:37 AM
amtrakjoe Offline
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Great getting out and seeing the gang. Nan-Nan has quite a presence Mr. Sweet. I’m sure you enjoyed the time together as did we. Like Billy said, the weather was warm but the breeze kept it bearable. And the coolers, and the cheeseburgers. I only which I was there early enough to get a show t-shirt. For some reason, they always run out of the XL’s

Best to all, Joe

In this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well......

A link to a few photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rwnBAvAWFckJTErs2

1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"

Re: Who is up for a road trip with Nan-NaN??? [Re: SWEET] #1317764 Mon Jul 15 2019 12:13 PM
SWEET Offline OP
ODSS Lawman
Thank you.

Nan-Nan arrived home safe and sound yesterday before lunchtime. She had the best time. I think I had an even better time. Going on these adventures with my Nan-Nan are memories we both cherish. The saying "The more the merrier" was proven this past weekend. Having the ODSS at this show made many folks notice. I spoke to my grandmother's former neighbor who also helps organize this car show and he was impressed with our arrival to the show all together. The group of large trucks attracted quite a crowd all afternoon.

It was special for me to have my Brothers at this show along with Nan-Nan. Having her in the circle under the shade all afternoon sharing great conversation from arts and crafts with Pat's wife April to talking trucks and sharing childhood stories of mine. It was a real sight to see Nan-Nan hold court with our Brotherhood. She can't wait to do it again.

Thanks to Pat, April, Billy, Amtrak Joe, Jim, DJ, Dave, and Bill for taking a Saturday and turning it into one Nan-Nan and I will never forget!!!

SWEET
Sergeant At Arms

BUNS?!?!?! Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....

1950 GMC 450 (25% owner)
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Re: Who is up for a road trip with Nan-NaN??? [Re: SWEET] #1317877 Tue Jul 16 2019 02:08 AM
52Carl Offline
Master Gabster
Well now I'm sad that I couldn't make it.
Too many people cheat themselves severely by not spending time with older folks. I feel sad for those who don't take the time to do that. They are full of information that you cannot get from any other sources. Its more than information which you could get from reading a book. You need to experience all of the nuances of body language, the way you get looked right in the eyes when they speak to you, proper manners, and the genuine interest in what you think, and so much more which defies explanation.
Carl

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bill Marlow 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop