For sale (local pickup) a 1956 235 with a rebuilt 848 head (1956 and came with the engine when I bought it). As for the engine, it was bored .030 over in 1978 and there's no ridge that I can feel. It comes with pistons, rings, rods and as many of the trim items as didn't get used on another engine. As I recall, that includes the front mount plate, the cam gear cover, downdraft tube and maybe the valve cover. I may also have an oil pan. The intake/exhaust manifold were used on another as was the pushrod cover. The crank was turned .010 under in 1978 and I would at least polish it now and probably grind to .020 under. I used this engine between the years 1978 and 1996 and it did fine. A stuck valve disabled it and when I went through the truck I used a later model 235. The head when it was rebuilt got checked for cracks, new valves, springs, guides and as I recall some of the seats were replaced. It was also surfaced. I believe I would replace the little O-ring seals before using it. No cam nor lifters. Those were used in the other engine. That's about as much as I can remember offhand. $250 and buyer picks up. If questions, please ask.
Someone asked if I had pictures. Please see attached. The head is the one to the rear (or the one with a bit of red paint still on it, since I don't know how they will be oriented when I post them). The head work was done by John at Cylinder Head Sales Co right before he passed away. John was a good friend and the most knowledgeable fellow about cylinder heads I've ever met. The block was bored by Mr. Turbyfill Sr when he had his shop outside downtown. Mr. Turbyfill was on the team that redesigned the torque converter, for what that may or may not be worth.
On another forum it was observed one of the valve springs was installed upside down. I corrected that but while doing so, it caused me to wonder. So I dug out all my notes, etc and I should tell you this head was not rebuilt by John. It was rebuilt by Mr. Turbyfill, Jr in 1997. He replaced the one valve which had stuck, all guides, springs, washers/spacers, etc and a few seats. The rest of the valves were fine and it didn't need to be resurfaced since it had been surfaced in 1978 and was still ok. This head work had been originally done by John in 1978 and the engine had between 5,000 and 5,500 miles on it when the valve stuck (hence the lack of cylinder wear). So in the spirit of transparency & honesty, there it is. Please let me know if you have any questions.