The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Share what you're up to this summer!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (klhansen, miraclepieco, tom moore, TPR57C), 300 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,543
Posts927,099
Members42,470
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New rear gas tank and fuel line #1306655 Wed Apr 10 2019 09:51 PM
J
JFBerg713 Offline OP
New Guy
Currently the gas tank is in the cab. I am wanting to convert it to a rear gas tank. I will buy a new tank and new alum fuel line. The current line is 5/16" and the past owner ran a 1/4" line (dont ask) from the 5/16 line to the carb.

I have the original 283 V8 engine now. The sending unit on the new tank will be 3/8" and I was considering a 3/8" alum line to run from the tank to the front of the truck and replacing that small 1/4" line as well.

Do you folks see any issue by going up in the fuel line? My only other thought was to use new 5/16" from the tank to the front up to the carb, but did not know what the smaller line would impact the 3/8" sending unit.

JB
Re: New rear gas tank and fuel line [Re: JFBerg713] #1312423 Thu May 30 2019 02:31 AM
G
glenns towing Offline
Shop Shark
I guess I would do what ever suit you. Its your truck. But since you asked, if the sender is 3/8, I would run it all the way to the carb. Aluminum line im not real fond of. The are a great heat conductor if routed close to exhaust mans etc and fuel dont like heat. Especially in Texas or any place for that matter where it tends to get abit toasty. I would use steel if possible. Rubber fuel specific hose is an option also and real easy to route.

Re: New rear gas tank and fuel line [Re: JFBerg713] #1312745 Sat Jun 01 2019 12:13 PM
P
popcornBen Offline
Wrench Fetcher
I moved my tank from the front to the back 59 Apache using a 16 gallon racing tank. Then I installed 3/8 braided wrap fuel line. Easy to install, looks nice! Plenty of fuel for the 383 Stroker!

Pops

Pops the truth is out there!

Moderated by  Hambone 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop