The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (DougR, BC59, AwDang, canuck49, 9% grade, 55 SHAKER, 1 invisible), 250 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics119,929
Posts960,503
Members43,519
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1953 gmc seat adjuster rod
#1311942 Sat May 25 2019 10:38 PM
B
Shop Shark
Has anyone replaced the seat adjuster rod grommet ? Just wondering how difficult it is to detach the rod from the seat adjustment lever.

Re: 1953 gmc seat adjuster rod
buckaroo01 #1311999 Sun May 26 2019 03:06 PM
D
Shop Shark
I have on my 1954 Chevy 3600, I removed the seat cushions, seat frame and then the driver side adjuster assembly . I was then able to remove the locking rod from the drivers side adjuster assembly by lifting and rotating the assembly so the locking rod comes out of the hole in the lever body. Slide the new rod support (grommet) onto the rod, reattach the rod to the lever and then re-install the driver side adjuster assembly back onto the floor panel / seat riser. Recommend adjusting both adjuster assemblies full forward and then re-install the seat frame, tighten the nuts , next lubricate the tip of the rod support (grommet) and push it up into the hole in seat frame cross bar. Now its just a matter of re-installing the seat cushions. I would suggest you take a picture of both seat adjusters and the rod , in place, before you do any disassembly ........don't ask why I know its a good idea. Two people really needed to removed cushions and frame.

Last edited by Dusty53; Sun May 26 2019 04:18 PM. Reason: corrected text

Ronnie
1954 Chevy 3604 - A work in progress...

" You can't keep dancing with the Devil and wonder why you're still in hell"

Moderated by  ndkid275 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop