The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Share what you're up to this summer!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 registered members (EdPruss, BigBlockMan, 52Carl, Dave Gill, 55_2nd_Series, 1 invisible), 269 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics115,749
Posts919,943
Members42,331
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Need some help #1310699 Tue May 14 2019 04:07 PM
J
Jim Sears Offline OP
Shop Shark
Hi Guys, been a long time since I've posted.
Family medical issues including my Quad heart bypass helped me to the decision that I'm giving up the restoration business.
Problem: I need to find someone (or 2) to take on a couple projects for a client. Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
The '48 2 ton that I did a few years ago needs a custom engine swap. The original low pressure 6 has cracked another head and the client is done with them. Wants to install a new Cummins crate engine, their new Repower Kit package. Did the measurements and all, it will fit.
The same client has the '50 2 ton COE 5 window that I've stripped to the frame and then the project was put into storage. Need someone to do a restore and update on that.
Location is not really important just the ability to do a great job.
In the last couple years several shops around here have closed , retired or died, (OK we're all getting old) .
Hope the rest of you are doing fine.
Jim

Re: Need some help [Re: Jim Sears] #1310702 Tue May 14 2019 04:43 PM
69Cuda Offline
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
sorry to hear your body is forcing you to retire, I hope you are getting better and able to enjoy your family though!

Mike

1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!)
In the Stovebolt Gallery

1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery

1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Re: Need some help [Re: Jim Sears] #1310868 Thu May 16 2019 12:15 AM
J
Jim Sears Offline OP
Shop Shark
Thanks Mike. I didn't have a heart attack (lucky) just needed a lot of new plumbing, so I will eventually be better than before. Just that when you're looking back at 70, bones and things take a lot longer to heal than they used to.

Moderated by  69Cuda, Grigg 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop