The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 registered members (Gmc101, 47bolter, 62Stick, 49 3100, Brad Allen, 1 invisible), 344 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,448
Posts929,613
Members42,639
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How do you determine if it is a Starter Relay Or Solemoid gone bad? [Re: idaho39] #1307598 Thu Apr 18 2019 06:25 PM
Rusty Rod Online
Moderator - The Electrical Bay and Rocky Mountain Bolters
So, you are saying that the problem is solved? If the gear is round, what shape are the flywheel teefs?

Another quality post.

Real Trucks Rattle

HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Re: How do you determine if it is a Starter Relay Or Solemoid gone bad? [Re: idaho39] #1307617 Thu Apr 18 2019 08:39 PM
B
bartamos Offline
Master Gabster
Good job on your Chevy X, Area 51 vehicle. Probably feels good to have that sorted.

I'm away on an ego trip. Will be back on Feb 30.
I'm not an Auto Mechanic, but I play one on TV.
I charge $0.02 for every opinion and I take Paypal.

Re: How do you determine if it is a Starter Relay Or Solemoid gone bad? [Re: idaho39] #1307621 Thu Apr 18 2019 09:17 PM
I
idaho39 Offline OP
Shop Shark
Rusty Rod. .I meant that the gear of the old starter just freely turned round and round ,,which it should not do that ..as for the teeth on the flywheel? not bad at all very little wear . and it sounds good when I hit the starter as to a good solid grab ..

bartamos,, yes my Chevy X and me are getting along quite nice today ..thank you

Oh ! you ask whats next? well , I have dual carbs and after I get insurance on it to drive on the streets ,I want to take it to old school guy I have met who works on old carbruators .

What if I take my Chevy X stove bolt carbs to the Engine Shop ? They like figering things out there too,,don't they?? smile

Last edited by idaho39; Thu Apr 18 2019 09:17 PM.

Re: Solenoid gone bad? [Re: idaho39] #1307625 Thu Apr 18 2019 09:26 PM
Justhorsenround Offline
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Enjoy pushing the envelope do ya? You have been invited in the past to discuss your Chevy X in the Greasy Spoon Forum. Personally I don’t subscribe to the theory that because it has a inline 6 in the car, it fits the criteria to be included in a “Truck” site. It’s my opinion and I’m entitled to it!
nanner

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line" and lock up those on the wrong side of that line.

Re: Solenoid gone bad? [Re: idaho39] #1307626 Thu Apr 18 2019 09:30 PM
B
bartamos Offline
Master Gabster
You can ask about the carbs for sure. Many folks have twin carbs.

I'm away on an ego trip. Will be back on Feb 30.
I'm not an Auto Mechanic, but I play one on TV.
I charge $0.02 for every opinion and I take Paypal.

Re: Solenoid gone bad? [Re: idaho39] #1307636 Thu Apr 18 2019 10:57 PM
I
idaho39 Offline OP
Shop Shark
The truth of the matter is I am breaking the rules even if I call my car Chevy X ..If any of you post questions about your trucks in the spoon as for help ,,It gets moved to what ever the problem is ,, engine shop ,,electrical .drive line ect ect ..that is what is supposed to happen ,,that is the rules ,,the forum was built for trucks ,,and I am happy for all of you ,, great forum not cluddered up with all sorts of other vehicles ,, I was stepping over the line a bit.

No hard feelings against any of you ,, thanks again all of you for befriend me ,, I could stay and ask questions about my 71 Cheyenne as it is under the rules ,,but I have none about it ,, I donated when I first signed into this forum and have gotten every bit of its worth back and then some .. I have recieved more than I contributed ,,again I just wanted to say that me leaving is not because any one of you..
Idaho 39

Re: Solenoid gone bad? [Re: idaho39] #1307645 Fri Apr 19 2019 01:16 AM
52Carl Offline
Master Gabster
Drive the X to Homecoming and I'll bet there will be a swarm of truck guys around it. Personally, I consider the original engines of these old trucks to be the most fascinating aspect of the deal.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop