The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Big Thanks!

Big THANKS to

MONGO
for hosting
the weekend event.

Read all about it.

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 members (Flatblu4748, Bill Trotter, D B Cooper, Napco Man, 55_2nd_Series, DaveV), 89 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics124,660
Posts1,006,226
Members44,993
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jim Carter's Finish Paint
#1307290 Tue Apr 16 2019 01:48 PM
MNSmith Offline OP
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Experiences? Thoughts? Opinions?

Re: Jim Carter's Finish Paint
MNSmith #1307321 Tue Apr 16 2019 05:33 PM
B
'Bolter
I used the paint from Carter on my 53 one ton, and it looks pretty nice. I had to buy the hardener from my local paint store, but the finish came out very hard, and dried quickly. I've only had it on there for a few months, so I don't know how it will stand up to weather, but it sure is pretty now.

By the way, I ended up buying his paint because I wanted a color (burgundy maroon) that was only offered that year, and I couldn't find anyone else who could get it for me.

Tim

I am currently digging back in to a 1953 3800 (one ton) with a nine foot bed. I've owned it since 1979, and drove it until 1982 (or so). My wife got me involved in restoring it back in 2002, got the body removed and the frame redone, then things came up. Now I am retired and starting again. If anyone is interested I have photos on Imagur ( https://timwhiteblues.imgur.com/ ). I live way back in the woods in the Ozarks on 40 acres at the end of a 2 1/2 mile private road.

Tim

Moderated by  HandyAndy, klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop