The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Share what you're up to this summer!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
13 registered members (Joe H, D B Cooper, lastchancetowing, Jon G, 3B, Gooberdog), 288 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics116,112
Posts923,265
Members42,338
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Assembly manual index #1307262 Tue Apr 16 2019 04:45 AM
B
bluesman Offline OP
Shop Shark
I looked around and couldn't find an index for the factory assembly manual, so I wrote one. Each page is listed (in order) as to what it covers, what models it applies to, and whether it applies to the cab, engine, electrical, etc. I just added that last part so I could find what I needed.

I have it as both a DOC file and as an XLS spread sheet.

If anyone is interested I will post copies on this site.

By the way, I obviously have way too much time on my hands, this took about 30 hours.

Tim

I am currently digging back in to a 1953 3800 (one ton) with a nine foot bed. I've owned it since 1979, and drove it until 1982 (or so). My wife got me involved in restoring it back in 2002, got the body removed and the frame redone, then things came up. Now I am retired and starting again. If anyone is interested I have photos on Imagur ( https://timwhiteblues.imgur.com/ ). I live way back in the woods in the Ozarks on 40 acres at the end of a 2 1/2 mile private road.

Tim
Re: Assembly manual index [Re: bluesman] #1307278 Tue Apr 16 2019 12:24 PM
Justhorsenround Offline
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Bluesman, send John Milliman a note at editor@stovebolt.com and ask that it be added as a Tech Tip. That way it won’t get buried in an obscure thread and will be easy to link when needed. Thanks

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line" and lock up those on the wrong side of that line.

Re: Assembly manual index [Re: bluesman] #1307358 Tue Apr 16 2019 11:42 PM
B
bluesman Offline OP
Shop Shark
OK, I'm going to post these here, and they can be moved later if desired.

I have the index in a DOC file, an XLS file, and both in PDF format, so most people should be able to read it.

Well, it seems I can't post an XLS file, so there are only three there.

Tim

Attached Files
ASSEMBLY MANUAL INDEX.doc (135.5 KB, 100 downloads)
ASSEMBLY MANUAL INDEX.pdf (52.11 KB, 69 downloads)
ASSEMBLY MANUAL INDEXxls.pdf (58.21 KB, 46 downloads)

I am currently digging back in to a 1953 3800 (one ton) with a nine foot bed. I've owned it since 1979, and drove it until 1982 (or so). My wife got me involved in restoring it back in 2002, got the body removed and the frame redone, then things came up. Now I am retired and starting again. If anyone is interested I have photos on Imagur ( https://timwhiteblues.imgur.com/ ). I live way back in the woods in the Ozarks on 40 acres at the end of a 2 1/2 mile private road.

Tim
Re: Assembly manual index [Re: bluesman] #1307745 Fri Apr 19 2019 05:00 PM
D
Dusty53 Offline
Shop Shark
bluesman - Thank you ! Appreciate you taking the time to do this! This will save us a lot of time trying to find what we need.

Ronnie
1954 Chevy 3604 - A work in progress...

" You can't keep dancing with the Devil and wonder why you're still in hell"

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop