The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
13 members (3hansens, 55shaker, 68ironhead, ApacheFiend, 3 invisible), 103 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics126,065
Posts1,018,869
Members45,419
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Turn Signals quit working
53Movinon #1221546 Fri Jun 16 2017 12:43 AM
B
Shop Shark
The light on the fenders will not illuminate unless you have the parking light on and/or the turn switch positioned to the side you are checking.

Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world
53Movinon #1221613 Fri Jun 16 2017 03:34 PM
D
'Bolter
1. I would not eliminate the flasher as a suspect because it is new: they are easy to check out of circuit. Just
go on-line and google the flasher for testing procrdure. My 12v (p/n FL 552, I just connect one lead to a B+ source
and the other connector to a bulb and attached that goes to ground. It should flash.

2. I don't know for sure, but some flashers (like the 552) are encased in oil. A sign of defectiveness is oil leaking through the case seal.

3. I don't know about your truck, but the B+ on my Task Force comes from the headlight switch (if memory serves).

don

Donsz #1221739 Sat Jun 17 2017 06:58 PM
Shop Shark
Don, PM sent

53Movinon #1306853 Fri Apr 12 2019 05:46 PM
T
Shop Shark
I had a similar problem so I thought I'd jump on this post for anyone else searching if they have this problem. After a couple years or turn signals working fine, they just stopped working one day. After doing some trouble shooting I assumed it to be the flasher and bought a new one. That did not fix the problem, so that lead to more troubleshooting. Turns out the flasher wasn't getting any power. I was not able to figure out why because I had checked the inline fuse, it was good, replaced it anyway, still no power. bypassed the fuse and the signals worked. bypassed the fuse inside the fuse holder and it worked that way as well. Seems that for some reason the fuses just were no longer seating correctly and making contact in the holder (still don't know why but that's irrelevant at this point). Went to walmart, bought a new inline fuse set up and spliced it in and everything works again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop