I am taking my time with this build which is why I don't post as much as I should... Sorry about that
Anyways, I did make some progress this weekend. I got my engine somewhat mocked up in the truck so I can figure out where everything is going to sit. To do so I had to remove the old transmission mount/cross-member. And I had to take out the original clutch assembly.
I did not cut anything. It is all in decent shape. I ground down all of the rivets and then punched them out with a punch and a hammer. I have already done this in the rear to remove the leaf spring mounts. Knocking out those rivets by hand takes up a lot of energy and it is not fun lol. I should probably invest in an air hammer...
Once I got the transmission mount/cross-member out of the way I was able to slide the engine in place. I got a general rough idea of where it is going to sit. In order to mount the engine, I need to cut a section of the front cross member out of the way so the engine oil pan has some clearance room. Hopefully, I can do that this coming weekend!
I am trying my hardest to mount this engine without cutting up any of the firewall or floorboards. I have seen a couple of Viking builds online and other forums where guys just say, "oh well won't fit," then cut it all up. I do not like cutting up these trucks. I am taking my time. The only issue I see could be clearance between my differential and the oil pan, when the axle or front suspension will be fully compressed. But I guess I will see what that will look like when the engine in perfectly in place.
Engine mounts I purchased from diesel conversion specialists. Very helpful over there and they make some quality parts. https://www.dieselconversion.com/mount-set-1967-1979-ford-4-wheel-drive-with-6-cylinder-cummins.html
The mounts are for a 1967-1979 Ford 4wd truck. The nice thing about them is that they bolt right up to the engine and then sit right on top of the frame rails with bolt center to center spacing of 31.5" or you can get ones for a bolt center to center spacing of 30.75".
I easily could have made some but chose just to purchase these, as it would save a lot of time.
Thats it, for now, I guess, enjoy!