The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Share what you're up to this summer!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 registered members (Eureka Jim, Charles in CA, Hotrod Lincoln, 3 invisible), 280 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics116,143
Posts923,579
Members42,356
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cross brace question #1305842 Wed Apr 03 2019 09:05 PM
S
Spotbiltxo Offline OP
Shop Shark
A month or so ago when I was under the truck replacing the fuel pump, I took a few minutes to lay on the creeper and look at the underneath of the truck from front to back. Something struck me as odd, so I will post it to the group. While looking at the condition of the wooden bed planks I noticed that neither of the two metal cross braces were actually touching any metal part of the frame in order to be supported. So that meant that anytime I had a load in the truck there was nothing underneath to support the load. I just know that that cannot be right, so if I’m wrong please correct me. Are the cross braces supposed to rest on the frame? Thanks.

Chuck
1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (original)
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod)
1941 Chevy coupe
1938 Chevy coupe streetrod
Re: Cross brace question [Re: Spotbiltxo] #1305853 Wed Apr 03 2019 10:55 PM
Justhorsenround Online
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
As always, I refer folks to Mar-K. Go to their Tips and Tricks pages for diagrams and drawings of the different parts and pieces and how they are installed. Your answer is there. 🛠

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line" and lock up those on the wrong side of that line.

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop