The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Share what you're up to this summer!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
8 registered members (Ott3r, Drew54, Maybellene, Pat66, 2 invisible), 380 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,471
Posts926,447
Members42,443
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hydraulic clutch pedal [Re: Yukon56] #1305403 Sun Mar 31 2019 06:16 AM
M
miraclepieco Offline
Shop Shark
I used an early '60s Chevy dual master cylinder (brake-clutch) on a '34 Ford pickup, along with the matching clutch slave cylinder. Unbelievably simple to set up - run the hard line anywhere you need to without hassling with routing mechanical linkage. Since then I'm sold on hydraulic clutch systems.

Attached Files
almost done 019 (Small).jpg (51.29 KB, 133 downloads)

1951 Chevy Panel Truck
Re: Hydraulic clutch pedal [Re: Yukon56] #1312348 Wed May 29 2019 06:50 PM
T
TUTS 59 Offline
Shop Shark
I know this thread was a couple of months back but just wanted to share some wisdom. I 'm putting a Muncie in my 59' and shopped around for a hydraulic clutch kit, plenty out there but most were out of budget (CHEAP). I found an assembly at Speedway that was completely bolt in (you may need to fab up a support bracket) they even had a master cylinder that matched the bore needed. All told I have about $200.00 in parts excluding the clutch disc and pressure plate. Still working out the under cab mount for the master cylinder as I wanted to keep the original pedal assembly. I'll post some pics when its completed.

Craig

Come,Bleed or Blister somethings got to give!!!
Q:"What yah runnin"
A:"3/8 drive Black and Decker aquarium pump motor" (the movie HOTROD)

59' Apache 31, long term project (30 years and counting)
Re: Hydraulic clutch pedal [Re: miraclepieco] #1314301 Fri Jun 14 2019 02:23 PM
68ironhead Offline
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by miraclepieco
I used an early '60s Chevy dual master cylinder (brake-clutch) on a '34 Ford pickup, along with the matching clutch slave cylinder. Unbelievably simple to set up - run the hard line anywhere you need to without hassling with routing mechanical linkage. Since then I'm sold on hydraulic clutch systems.

Curious, did you use the bell housing with the passenger side access?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KCMongo 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop