The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Share what you're up to this summer!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
8 registered members (Justhorsenround, Peers77, 49choptop, Hotrod Lincoln, LeeD, 1 invisible), 317 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics116,112
Posts923,266
Members42,338
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Northeast Indiana Bolters #1305378 Sun Mar 31 2019 02:33 AM
F
FleetsideHoosier Offline OP
New Guy
Anyone living in northeast Indiana or northwest Ohio that is interested in joining the Antique Truck Club of America and starting a local chapter let me know. I’m in the process of getting five current national members of ATCA to join me in applying for a chapter charter to the board of directors. I’m almost to five people but am always looking for more people. Shoot a message to me if this is of interest or if you’d like more detail. My name is Alex Maher and I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Re: Northeast Indiana Bolters [Re: FleetsideHoosier] #1305465 Sun Mar 31 2019 08:23 PM
P
popcornBen Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Hi Alex: Ben Corn Wabash, In. email me and let me know what you are thinking!

Pops

Pops the truth is out there!
Re: Northeast Indiana Bolters [Re: popcornBen] #1305639 Tue Apr 02 2019 01:38 AM
F
New Guy
Hey Ben. Thanks for the reply. I didn’t see your e-address, but mine is alexmaher23@yahoo.com.

In a nutshell I’d like to start a local chapter of ATCA, from the ground up, and see how many people would get on board. I already have almost five people I’ve gotten to be national members. I hope to submit a charter app to see if we can get a chapter approved this spring. From there I imagine it’d be to create an online presence to recruit more people and get some meetings lined up to brainstorm ideas for events, rallies, charity ideas, etc. Goal would be for members to have own any truck or truck-like vehicle 25 years or older, but one wouldn’t need to own a vehicle to be a member. No hoopdy or lowrider rides really, just classics, vintage, or rednecked for most part. What do you think?

Alex
Re: Northeast Indiana Bolters [Re: FleetsideHoosier] #1305683 Tue Apr 02 2019 11:42 AM
P
popcornBen Offline
Wrench Fetcher
I think there is a possibility I will be e-mailing you soon! In case it's popcornBen@yahoo,com

Pops the truth is out there!
Re: Northeast Indiana Bolters [Re: FleetsideHoosier] #1305748 Tue Apr 02 2019 11:05 PM
F
New Guy
Sounds like a plan!

Alex
Re: Northeast Indiana Bolters [Re: FleetsideHoosier] #1308077 Mon Apr 22 2019 01:59 AM
F
New Guy
Hey Pops. Get my email response? Seeing if you’re interested in joining to help me apply for a local ATCA chapter. Let me know and hope all is well!

Alex
Re: Northeast Indiana Bolters [Re: FleetsideHoosier] #1308197 Tue Apr 23 2019 02:24 AM
51Roughrider Offline
New Guy
Hello Alex,

I am Mike from Ft. Wayne, I am in the process of restoring a 1951 Chevy 3600. Want to keep it as original as possible. I have interest in the ATCA club. Tell me more about it.

Re: Northeast Indiana Bolters [Re: FleetsideHoosier] #1308491 Thu Apr 25 2019 03:09 AM
F
New Guy
Hey Mike

Thanks for the write. And sweet on ‘51 Chevy. Original is my goal with my ‘70 Chevy C-10.

As far as ATCA goes, I’m a recent new member, but my experience is that they’re a smalller, national club, family-friendly, have a magazine every other month that’s enjoyable, and they’ve been helpful with my wanting to start a chapter. My goal is to start a local ATCA chapter to get folks together interested in old trucks who can discuss’m, hold some events with them, and for a good cause like charities. I’m in the early stages of the chapter part, but I do have 3 of 5 members on board for the charter/chapter application. I have other individuals I’m discussing this all with, too. I’m willing to take the lead on all things chapter if time doesn’t allow people get much involved. I want to start small and see how it goes. I know there’s lots of truck folk in our neck of the woods. I’m meeting with owner of Travis Auto soon, and a few other irons in the fire to get’m on board.

If this interests you by all means get an ATCA membership and then throw me your name and member ID so I can add you to the app. It’s only $35 per year. Of course reach out to my email if you want to discuss further or meet up since you also live in Fort Wayne. Let anyone else know too. Hope to talk to you again soon! alexmaher23@yahoo.com

Alex
Re: Northeast Indiana Bolters [Re: FleetsideHoosier] #1309709 Sun May 05 2019 07:51 PM
F
New Guy
Hey Mike

How’s it been? Get my response?

Alex

Alex
Re: Northeast Indiana Bolters [Re: FleetsideHoosier] #1326451 Tue Sep 17 2019 01:35 AM
51Roughrider Offline
New Guy
Hi Alex,

It's been a busy spring & summer. I have the engine, transmission, & drive shaft rebuilt and ready to be installed. The metal work on the cab is almost complete, bed fenders, sides, front & back are finished, front dog house is done. Frame is going to sandblast and painting this week. I hope to starting putting it back together this winter and have it ready for the road by Memorial Day. I have not forgotten about ATCA. Maybe this winter.

Moderated by  63burban, Randy Baumann 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop