The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
2023 ... plans, plans, plans

Holidays are over

Hunkering down for winter ... how about your truck?
Winter storage.

Doing some truck maintenance?
The Shops Area may be useful.

Eager to plans some trips?
See what's shaking near you in The Side Lot.

How about your computer?
Plenty of help in the IT Shortbus.

Be of good cheer!
The days are getting longer.
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
2023 Old Truck Calendars
First one
Nothing like old trucks working

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
15 members (Hotrod Lincoln, fonz8261, 78buckshot, 2-Ton, 3 invisible), 212 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,267
Posts1,053,233
Members46,580
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1304472 Sun Mar 24 2019 06:42 PM
T
'Bolter
A couple of days ago I connected the pilot light terminal on the 535 flasher to the pilot light in the turn signal switch. For some reason whoever installed the turn signals never connected it. The owner asked for it because he could never tell when he left the turn signals on.

The turn signals work fine. The problem is that the pilot light will only flash two times when you activate the turn signals in either direction. And it is always just 2 times.

I confirmed that the switch housing is properly grounded. I ran a separate ground just to confirm this. The results were the same. 2 flashes of the pilot light and then it stops while the turn signals continue to operate properly.

The pilot light is a #53 bulb and it is a 6 volt system.

My best guess is that due to lack of use over the years the contacts in the flasher for the pilot signal are oxidized so much they overheat and quit to pass electricity after the 2 cycles.

Ideas are appreciated!

Rusty
T
'Bolter
If you checked all the wires were connected properly, you are probably correct about the bad flasher. The third prong on the three prong flasher is only for the signals that use just one pilot light.

Reread your post, the #53 bulb is 12V. You need the 6V small base bulb.

Last edited by Turbo4whl; Sun Mar 31 2019 12:58 AM.

Wayne
T
'Bolter
Thanks Wayne!

I had drafted a post that I figured out the #53 was a12 volt bulb and that was the problem. Somehow I messed up posting it.

Rusty

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop