The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Think Spring

Start planning those get togethers!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
20 registered members (Allen Lane, coilover, blu1964, 52Carl, 62Stick, 1 invisible), 303 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics113,786
Posts902,884
Members41,725
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Windshield Regulators for '30s &'40s #1303035
Thu Mar 14 2019 06:33 PM
Thu Mar 14 2019 06:33 PM
T
ThisOleCoupe  Offline OP
New Guy
Lancaster
Hi guys,
I'm a newby here so, Hi there, from Lancaster, Pa, I am curious for any response to a question I have. We manufacture NEW windshield regulators for the 30s and 40s and two of our regulators fit several different years. We've acquired a regulator for just one year GMC/Chevy for 1939, its a CB 291 and we've been asked to add it to our line....since it only fits one year, do you guys know if there would be much of a demand for it....I just saw one on EBay going for 469.00. I just wonder if the bang would be worth the buck when it comes to plating and casting it....they're cast out of aluminum....we're going to get a quote for casting this one regulator which is usually more expensive than if we had several to a plate....just curious what your thoughts are....
Thanks

Last edited by Justhorsenround; Thu Mar 14 2019 07:02 PM. Reason: Removed reference to price of product.
Re: Windshield Regulators for '30s &'40s [Re: ThisOleCoupe] #1303105
Fri Mar 15 2019 02:59 AM
Fri Mar 15 2019 02:59 AM
Achipmunk  Offline
Extreme Gabster
Boiling Springs, S. C. 29316
Terri, I have a 37 pickup and have watch parts for the 36,37,38,39 dry up quite a bit since the mid 90's. There are still quite a few out their but most of us have either found a way to rebuilt them, get pieces of parts from the swap meet Parts Wanted and many other places. I can't say how to predict the market but anyone paying $469 really wanted one bad. I'd do without before I personally spent that kind of money on one....still, I feel there is a limited market.

.....this question reminds me of the "spears" we have on some pickups and panel trucks on front fenders and rear fenders....used ones were stupid prices in my book and some went well over two grand for a set....Now JimCarter, an old truck vendor for many years, and stovebolt friendly I might add, now sell a set for around 13-1500 dollars if I remember correctly. And I see he has had some buyers. If you make the regulators perhaps you could sell them to the vendors and maybe each vendor would take a half dozen?? Filling Station, Chevs of the 40's and several others.

Not sure this helps answer your question but just my thoughts........if it will also work on cars I'd suggest taking this same question to the VCCA group which have been around for a few years.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: Windshield Regulators for '30s &'40s [Re: Achipmunk] #1303192
Fri Mar 15 2019 09:28 PM
Fri Mar 15 2019 09:28 PM
T
ThisOleCoupe  Offline OP
New Guy
Lancaster
Thanks for your input...that's a good idea to ask VCCA, we just joined last Oct at Hershey Fall Meet. We were asked by Chevs of the 40s if we'd add this regulator to our line....I have an outstanding question with them as to the popularity of this one year....just thought I'd ask here if it was known if this is a popular year....
We have sold many new regulators or their parts to lots of folks and a few vendors, and I totally get rebuilding or NOS to save $$$, although some of the NOS gets pretty dicey too, even more than new price.

Re: Windshield Regulators for '30s &'40s [Re: ThisOleCoupe] #1303202
Fri Mar 15 2019 11:14 PM
Fri Mar 15 2019 11:14 PM
Justhorsenround  Offline

Grease Monkey
Central, Oklahoma
Please note, buying and selling in the regular garage Forums is prohibited activity. You are welcome to post a for sale ad in the Swap Meet Forum. Promoting your product outside the Swap Meet Forum is walking a very thin line.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line" and lock up those on the wrong side of that line.

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop