The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Think Spring

Start planning those get togethers!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (moparguy, kswillie, Paul_WNC, Phak1, fonz8261), 264 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics113,726
Posts902,459
Members41,684
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Newby from Lancaster, Pa #1303046
Thu Mar 14 2019 07:32 PM
Thu Mar 14 2019 07:32 PM
T
ThisOleCoupe  Offline OP
New Guy
Lancaster
Hi Guys,
Sheesh this is the 2nd time i've tried to introduce myself....it takes getting the hang of it. We were told about this site and that we ought to check it out...my husband and I are both recently retired..He's a machinist and I a nurse. We have been babying along our fledgling business of manufacturing windshield regulators for the 30s/40s and also other parts for a variety of vehicles.
Even spur gears for an antique Red Bug Flyer GoKart..We have a '28 Chevy Coupe and that's what got us started making part-we sheared the rear axle and so when we purchased the last available one, Kit, my husband decided to make a couple and then things went from there. Our shop is located in the basement and I too have thrown a few chips on the lathe and milling machine lol.
Hope the pic of our car makes it on the thread...its not like I didn't try....

Attached Files
Re: Newby from Lancaster, Pa [Re: ThisOleCoupe] #1303101
Fri Mar 15 2019 02:28 AM
Fri Mar 15 2019 02:28 AM
Achipmunk  Offline
Extreme Gabster
Boiling Springs, S. C. 29316
This OleCoupe, welcome to the Stovebolt. Must goes on here and I see your from Lancaster Penn. Lots of guys here from that area.

...... I must let you know Stovebolt is predominantly for old Chevy and GMC.....and some Internationals(Binders) pre 1973. Many parts are shared between cars and trucks but trucks rule here. But, be sure you are welcome and there is forums where you can ask questions about the a car......I myself have a 50 Chevy Coupe and I ask questions pertaining to engine and other stuff that are relatives of the trucks....but I never say its for my car!!!! (a little sneaky ain't I)
A lot of us here are in the same boat....owning both cars and trucks.

Many of us also belong to other clubs as well........for me, I also belong to the VCCA club which, by the way, is predominantly cars!!

Still, we love anything old here and I'm sure the two of you have much to share that we can learn from....especially that man and woman can co-exist in the same hobby which is definitely a good thing!

Visit the site, check out the tech tips and links...........and remember, new bolters are moderated for their first 4 post. This helps keep out the rift raft and spammers and such. After 4 posts you will have and can access all Stovebolt has to offer.
....and after the 4 post you will be able to send PMs (private messages) to any member.

See you around the garage forums.

......oh, and I love the picture of your car.

Last edited by Achipmunk; Fri Mar 15 2019 02:29 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: Newby from Lancaster, Pa [Re: ThisOleCoupe] #1303102
Fri Mar 15 2019 02:36 AM
Fri Mar 15 2019 02:36 AM
Justhorsenround  Offline
Grease Monkey
Central, Oklahoma
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! Trucks rule!

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line" and lock up those on the wrong side of that line.

Re: Newby from Lancaster, Pa [Re: ThisOleCoupe] #1303190
Fri Mar 15 2019 09:09 PM
Fri Mar 15 2019 09:09 PM
T
ThisOleCoupe  Offline OP
New Guy
Lancaster
I totally love the older trucks!!!
Even though we have a Chevy Coupe, most of our work services the 30s and 40s trucks. We too just signed up last Oct with VCCA...
As I sit here online, I hear Kit on the mill downstairs....I probably should go down and ask if he needs me...but first I will check out the forums

Re: Newby from Lancaster, Pa [Re: ThisOleCoupe] #1303245
Sat Mar 16 2019 03:35 AM
Sat Mar 16 2019 03:35 AM
69Cuda  Offline
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Seattle, Wa.
welcome to the site!

Mike

1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!)
In the Stovebolt Gallery

1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery

1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop