The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Share what you're up to this summer!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
19 registered members (Bigwave, 68ironhead, D B Cooper, Bill LeVasseur, Car Hauling John, 1 invisible), 362 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,232
Posts927,646
Members42,586
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
IDA intake for 250/292 #1302320 Sat Mar 09 2019 02:25 PM
R
Roadmarks Offline OP
Shop Shark
Howdy folks, long time no post. We are still moving into a new house 23 miles away!

Here's my question; does anyone know of a 2bbl intake to fit a 250/292 for a single 48 IDA Weber? I was thinking Aussiespeed but their catalog no longer shows it, if they ever had it. Aren't there a bunch of speed shops in South America with stuff like this? Anyone know how to contact them (if they exist?) I know the manifold existed/exists because I have a picture of an engine with one! I think I can put hands on the Weber but the intake is proving to be a hens tooth!

BTW, now that 12 bolt Tom no longer has cast iron headers for the 250/292 where can we get those as well?

Best wishes, Les

Re: IDA intake for 250/292 [Re: Roadmarks] #1302414 Sun Mar 10 2019 02:00 AM
C
coilover Offline
Shop Shark
Not a smart a$$ question but have you worked with many Webers? We have them on several LSR Model A engines and they are the hardest carb to dial in I have ever experienced. Wouldn't attempt it without a dyno. To be fair once dialed in they stay tuned. Jon (carb king) can give you advice on this. Good chance you will have to fab a sheet aluminum intake and if no cast exhaust manifolds on the market then headers with 1/2" thick flanges and at least 16g tubing (14g better) will not give the usual header leaking problem---for awhile. Weber photos:

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/mhBpjJbn/IMG-3982.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/bsdTFj4m/IMG-3983-1.jpg[/img]

Evan
Re: IDA intake for 250/292 [Re: Roadmarks] #1302438 Sun Mar 10 2019 05:31 AM
R
Roadmarks Offline OP
Shop Shark
Hi, In both your pictures the carbs are DCOEs, exactly what I had on an 1100 Hufaker Bugeye that I drove and tuned for years. DCOEs are sidedraught and IDAs are downdraught. I have access to an Exhaust Gas Analyzer in a local shop, and on Saturdays I can go by and use it.It makes a world of difference in tuning and teaches you to recognize exactly what the symptoms are for different "out of tune" problems. I am interested in an IDE based intake. I HAVE A PHOTO of one but it is not sharp enough to read the logo on the intake.The very fact that the Webers are SO tunable is part of what I am looking for, since the owner of the shop I have access to has thousands (literally) of Weber bits in a large wall cabinet, should I need something. I still have my DCOE and intake from my long gone and lamented Bugeye that my intention is to trade for an IDA. Thanks for taking your time and best wishes, Les.

Moderated by  Woogeroo 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop