The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Nothing new here ...

STOVEBOLT FEVER

There is no cure!

Thanks to all of you, we have been virtual for over 25 years.

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
21 members (55_2nd_Series, 55 SHAKER, 66flea, 51sub, 29tons, 2 invisible), 82 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics117,793
Posts942,571
Members43,043
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Frame dimensions
#1298575 Tue Feb 12 2019 12:38 AM
P
Shop Shark
Yeah, I know, it's a later big GMC, but I'm looking for frame dimensions for a GMC/Chevy 5500/6500 series. What I'm wanting to do, is take a used U-Haul 27' box truck (standard cab) and shorten the frame to accommodate a dually pickup bed. Anyone know where a source for this info might be? This would be for a 2000-2007 truck...

The plan is to acquire the truck without the box, unbolt the rear suspension, move it to the desired point forward on the frame, and then cut off the leftover frame length. No frame splicing or any of that! Adjust length of the brake lines, exhaust, and driveshaft. Bolt the bed on and enjoy!

Thanks!!!

Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass.
Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.

Re: Frame dimensions
patrick66 #1298771 Wed Feb 13 2019 05:06 AM
T
I have more zippers then a pair of cargo pants

Donate Blood, Plasma, Platelets & Sign Your DONORS CARD.
The Life You SAVE Might Be Someone You Know and LOVE.

Two possibilities exist:
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.
Both are equally terrifying.
Arthur C. Clarke

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop