The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Share what you're up to this summer!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 registered members (Apache1, 87GN, 78buckshot, BC59, Bill Trotter, 1 invisible), 76 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics115,091
Posts913,284
Members42,109
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New member -- over from Steves Nova Site --Twinshadows #1294488
Sat Jan 12 2019 02:49 AM
Sat Jan 12 2019 02:49 AM
T
Twinshadows  Offline OP
New Guy
Chino Valley , AZ
Hi there

Just found this site ... very good ... and, I like all th' old trucks --- well, the old GM / Chevy trucks (and have two '53 International - R-110's 1/2 tons #1 with all Chevy Running gear (68 chevy 250 I-6 , p/g , with the IH Truck mounted
on a Chevy Frame. == #2 International with all stock IH gear). Still an OLD TRUCK ...
Then my car : 69 Chev Nova with the stock matching engine == 250 I-6 (155hp) , had a p/g ... just installed a B-W W/C T 5 ... with help from " Lugnutz" T 5 page. (working GREAT - by th' way).

Thanks for having me .

jim

Re: New member -- over from Steves Nova Site --Twinshadows [Re: Twinshadows] #1294500
Sat Jan 12 2019 04:57 AM
Sat Jan 12 2019 04:57 AM
Achipmunk  Offline
Extreme Gabster
Boiling Springs, S. C. 29316
Jim, welcome to the Stovebolt and all the madness you an stand...just kidding. We welcome you and everyone is willing to help. Post questions in the most appropriate forum and we will be glad to help out. Enjoy the journey and be sure to watch for other bolters from your area. They are definitely some AZ bolters here.

I see you have "met" lugnutz. I'm fortunate to have met him and we've visited each other on several occasiond/ Super nice guy!

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: New member -- over from Steves Nova Site --Twinshadows [Re: Achipmunk] #1294512
Sat Jan 12 2019 06:48 AM
Sat Jan 12 2019 06:48 AM
T
Twinshadows  Offline OP
New Guy
Chino Valley , AZ
That would be yes for Jay - aka - lugnutz.
I just installed a 93 GMC W/C T-5 into my 69 Nova , using alot of his info. I have posted over on his site ......... Really Good Info for Those type tranny's.
and, I see these guys are using that trans for their Trucks.
I can pass along a very good "item" for using your 'stock speedo head with an electric drive speedo (VSS). I am using my stock Nova dash speedometer by using the
" SPEEDHUT SpeedBox " unit to run my cable - drive speedo-head. I've got about 2500 miles plus , since my install .......
Both MPH & Trip Miles are working GREAT ( trip miles readings are spot-on correct. My miles per-hour readings are may-be 1 or 2 miles off). That's close for a 40 plus year old car .
Then, I have NOT even wired up the trans VSS sensor .......... they give you a GPS anntena ........ it's running working great & simple.

Thank for the Welcome

jim partridge

Re: New member -- over from Steves Nova Site --Twinshadows [Re: Twinshadows] #1294534
Sat Jan 12 2019 02:21 PM
Sat Jan 12 2019 02:21 PM
Justhorsenround  Offline
Grease Monkey
El Reno, Okla
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! I see you are into Binders. We have lots of IH fans here. As Alvin said, look over the site and post any questions in the most appropriate forum. A word of caution, limit your questions in the garage forums to pre 73 Chevy/GMC Trucks. Any questions relating to the Nova or the IH specific stuff are welcome in the “Greasy Spoon”. We are all happy to have you here and are more than willing to help out if needed. Again welcome. shake

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line" and lock up those on the wrong side of that line.

Re: New member -- over from Steves Nova Site --Twinshadows [Re: Twinshadows] #1294600
Sat Jan 12 2019 09:15 PM
Sat Jan 12 2019 09:15 PM
Rusty Rod  Offline
Moderator - The Electrical Bay and Rocky Mountain Bolters
Loveland, Colorado
Jim, Welcome to the 'bolt.

Please scroll through the various forums to see what they have to offer.

Make sure to check out the rules of the page as well.

Questions pertaining to your problem are welcome and will usually get answered quickly.

There are many "how I done it's" here as well that can be found using the search feature.

Another quality post.

Real Trucks Rattle

HELP! The Paranoids are after me!

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop