The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
8 members (J M, Harold46, oldbolter, homer52, jlee, 1 invisible), 233 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,402
Posts973,267
Members43,924
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cell Phone rant.
#1294056 Tue Jan 08 2019 06:25 PM
W
Master Gabster
I just got a new LG Stylo 4 cell phone. I read all the reviews about how great it was and I wanted to upgrade to larger screen size, 6.2. I had an Lg 22c and it was ok but it was a little slow. I thought it might have some minor changes but they did a complete revamp of the icons and what they showed when you clicked on it. For example, the icon for contacts was a drawing of a headshot now it looks like you know I am not sure what it is. I have been messing with this since 4 am this morning. When I initially downloaded it was done in less than 2 minutes And looked like the old screen but it has changed. I can call and I think I can text but I have not been able to transfer my contacts. I went to youtube and it said to download an app and when it shows up on the phone it says, sender only and in the site comments someone else said the same thing. computerdeath ohwell Even in my ineptitude I have not had this much trouble with a cell phone.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Re: Cell Phone rant.
WE b OLD #1294073 Tue Jan 08 2019 11:17 PM
O
Shop Shark
Not tryin to get off-topic, but all I have is a basic flip-phone which is all I need at the moment.
Got rid of the land-line, so I can't play games with telephone solicitors anymore except for Telus which I'm with - they keep calling with all these "wonderful deals" that'll cost me 3 or 4 times as much. (or more after a "trial period").

My kids are always on my butt with "Why don't you get a tablet".....? or "Why don't you get this..........?" and "Why don't you get that............?

I tell 'em I'll get 'em when I NEED 'em, not when I don't.

I avoid a lotta the hassles you mention! wink grin

WE b OLD #1294074 Tue Jan 08 2019 11:43 PM
I
Shop Shark
Don't know how to help you Ron.. I just switched to Apple and the guy at the store loaded mine from my old one ,,plus when My grandson was here for Christmas he loaded only the Apps I wanted,, at least you are searching how to do it ,, good luck.

WE b OLD #1294076 Tue Jan 08 2019 11:58 PM
W
Master Gabster
I just get frustrated. I have sorted most of it out. My big issue now is getting my contacts transferred. I go to youtube and most of the people on there seem to be at the races. I found one that talks slower and knows what he is talking about. An analogy is when they redesign a stove they don't put the controls on the bottom just to make it more difficult to use. In the process of syncing phone to my car, I realized I had not turned on my Bluetooth and when I finally found and it synced immediately.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
WE b OLD #1294098 Wed Jan 09 2019 04:14 AM
Shop Shark
I'm like Old Burb.
I still use an old flip phone.
The wife has the fancy phone that has internet and all the bells and whistles.

Don

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery [stovebolt.com]
More pix on Photobucket [s893.photobucket.com]
'46 2-Ton grain truck
'48 3/4-ton grain truck
'50 2-ton flatbed
'54 Pontiac Straight Eight
'70 American LaFrance pumper fire truck.
WE b OLD #1294107 Wed Jan 09 2019 09:47 AM
W
Master Gabster
I have sorted most out. I wanted it because it has a larger screen and easier for old eyes to see. What would make it better would be a flip cover that turns it on and off. Turning it off with a flip as a finality to it and looks so dramatic.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
WE b OLD #1294130 Wed Jan 09 2019 05:23 PM
W
Master Gabster
Of course, it was all my fault. I had minor surgery this morning and I usually take a book everywhere but with the new phone to mess with I felt I would be sufficiently entertained. My big issue was the contacts were missing. Not anymore when I opened it up there they were. More than I thought I had and a lot that I barely recognized. So now I am deleting the supercilious ones. yahoo

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
WE b OLD #1294188 Thu Jan 10 2019 02:36 AM
W
Master Gabster
I had given one of my old cell phones and she is less techno than I am. She gave it to me because I try to do things for, so I took it home and spent over an hour on the phone with Tracfone support, I talked to 4 service reps, one hung up on me and was being extremely polite because I needed help. The fourth just gave up but he asked me if I would do a survey, I told him I did not think he would not want me to. I don't give up easily so 3 hours of adjusting programs and fiddling I turned the sound off and did something else. Picked up in preparation of going to bed. When I turned it back on I saw an app on the home screen called Pacer. It was running, it looked like a shoe. When I turned it on it was counting down time and distance. I went to apps and deleted it. yahoo

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
WE b OLD #1294227 Thu Jan 10 2019 12:51 PM
Master Gabster
I gave up on Tracfone after being a customer for years because their tech support SUCKS so bad. It's not worth the slightly lower cost to have to deal with people who don't speak english and don't care if they fix your problem or not.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop