The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
7 members (GeorgeCz, DRCA, 2ManyTrucks, 48bigtrucks, DennisM, 1 invisible), 191 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,403
Posts973,270
Members43,924
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My daughter text this to me just before Christmas
#1292606 Fri Dec 28 2018 11:01 PM
I
idaho39 Offline OP
Shop Shark
I went to Walmart to pick up a few things. I'm waiting in the self-checkout line and I dropped a $20 bill (yep that's me trying to hold everything, because I didn't want a cart). The lady in front of me picked it up. I thanked her and held my hand out, and she said, "The things found on earth are kept by the collector," and walks away. I was like oh heck NO!! I looked at the person behind me standing in line, they couldn't believe it either.... this can't be real life right now, right?!

So I took a deep breath and I turned back towards the lady/thief/or whatever you wanna call her and as I approached her I said, "Do I look like I'm in the mood?! Let's not play games. Go ahead and give me back my money."

She had the nerve to ignore me completely and TRIED to walk away from me... SOOOOO, of course I left everything and followed her into the parking lot as I was calling the police (because of course somebody's about to go to jail... not sure who at this point though, her or me). She was almost running at this point to get away from me, which was the first sign of real intelligence this lady had shown.

When she got to her car she put her bags on the ground trying to quickly get her trunk open.

I was boiling at this point! I decided that her “finders keepers" rule just presented the perfect opportunity for a great teachable moment... SO... I went into track star mode and ran full speed, and grabbed her grocery bags, and headed to my car yelling, "The things found on earth are kept by the collector!"

I hopped in my car ignoring her every attempt to get my attention. I was outta line I'll admit, but she was too. I was HOT, but I had a sense of satisfaction at the same time. Lemme say this, anyone who knows me knows that as an adult I've never stolen anything so this is completely out of character for me. But anyway I get home and open the bags and what did I find?
3 packs of rib eye steaks
3 pounds of wild caught salmon
2 pounds of potatoes
Everything to make a bomb dinner
And...
A bottle of Wine
I cant help but think to myself... WOW! Not bad for $20 dollars!

Hey dad ,,this is a joke , just wanted to see if you ever read my texts.. love ya

Re: My daughter text this to me just before Christmas
idaho39 #1292629 Sat Dec 29 2018 01:39 AM
M
Shop Shark
And the sad thing is, I read the whole thing!

1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1951 Farmall Super A

moparguy #1292663 Sat Dec 29 2018 04:43 AM
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by moparguy
And the sad thing is, I read the whole thing!

Me Too :-)

Brian
My 1955 Truck

My other 1955 Chevy

The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
idaho39 #1292822 Sun Dec 30 2018 01:37 PM
I
idaho39 Offline OP
Shop Shark
I read it also ..it was sad ,, I have to agree with ya guys,, but until the end it sounded pretty good getting back at a bad women who was not a good person .

idaho39 #1292910 Mon Dec 31 2018 06:24 AM
C
Shop Shark
I enjoyed the heck out of the story because I had something similar happen in real life. My two partners and I bought a circle track and hired a nearby farmer to mow the grass parking lot. His tractor had to go to a shop for repair so I asked another local guy, with a stingy reputation, with a mower if he would mow it and that we would pay him his asking price. He told me that he might damage his mower and then there would be a question of who should pay for it so I walked away. Maybe three years later he was hurting with a machine shut down and needed something turned on a lathe to get back in business. When he approached me ( I had the only lathe in town) I told him I wouldn't because I might damage my lathe. To this day I wish I had a picture of the expression on his face.

Evan
idaho39 #1292911 Mon Dec 31 2018 06:57 AM
S
Shop Shark
Well she got you to read the text. In a real life experience, I saw an older guy with what assume was his grandson at the local SuperStore grocery store. He had cart full of groceries, but when he went to use his charge or ATM card his card was refused. He tried another one with the same results. He decided to put some items back, but it still refused. The next guy in line, said" here lets try my card, and paid for the guys groceries which was about $50. Not only that, the lady behind that guy paid for the things that he had returned, another $30 or so. Gotta love humans.

A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin

When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton
idaho39 #1292929 Mon Dec 31 2018 02:31 PM
I
idaho39 Offline OP
Shop Shark
coilover ,,sound like an old saying would fit this "what goes around comes around"

Super55.. that is a heart warming story ..

idaho39 #1292973 Mon Dec 31 2018 06:06 PM
O
Shop Shark
I don't know which story is funnier - Idaho's or coilover's! grin

I've always LOVED poetic justice! chug

I know, I know Idaho's is a joke, but still funny. Too bad it didn't really happen!

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop