The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
15 members (J M, homer52, GregBanf, Hotrod Lincoln, Greg_H, 2 invisible), 234 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,400
Posts973,265
Members43,924
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jay Leno
#1292678 Sat Dec 29 2018 11:06 AM
W
Master Gabster
I am sitting here watching Jay on Youtube and thinking it must be heaven if I want a car I could go get it. I saw his net worth and I bet they did not take into account his cars because a lot of them are priceless. Also if he does not want to spend current monies he can earn in a week in Las Vegas what I earned in a lifetime.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Re: Jay Leno
WE b OLD #1292731 Sat Dec 29 2018 08:14 PM
O
Shop Shark
Don't care much for Leno himself, but I "love" the guy because of all the antique vehicles he has and preserves. Not many will do that today.
I'll watch any of his shows where he's presenting a antique or 2, and I admire him for all of that.

I hope nothing ever happens to his collection.

WE b OLD #1292740 Sat Dec 29 2018 09:32 PM
ODSS Lawman
I agree OBL. I never saw his show but I have seen some of his stand up which is funny but his garage show is one I’ll watch again and again.

He has an amazing collection. Those are only the cars he chooses to show you...

SWEET
Sergeant At Arms
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society

BUNS?!?!?! Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....

1950 GMC 450 (25% owner)
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery [stovebolt.com]
WE b OLD #1292880 Sun Dec 30 2018 10:59 PM
D
Extreme Gabster
Don't forget, this guy openly shares that collection with all of us on youtube and it
doesn't cost us a dime. I think he really does a great service to anyone who is
in any way interested in old cars and their history.
With my latest diversion, Cyclekarts, I've spent untold hours watching his videos
of the 20's 30's Grand Prix cars in his collection.

dg

WE b OLD #1292884 Mon Dec 31 2018 12:05 AM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Hey Denny (or anyone else), sortta like Jay Leno, but any of you share my enjoyment in watching Kermit Weeks' "Kermie Cam" as he walks us through a flight in one of his beautiful vintage aircraft? Sortta like Jay Leno, only airplanes.

Speaking of, does anyone know what's happening with the Philippine Mars??? Is Kermit going to get to buy it?

John
"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto. KLAATU BARADA NIKTO!!!!"

'49 Chevrolet 3804

WE b OLD #1292902 Mon Dec 31 2018 05:10 AM
S
Shop Shark
I like watching Jay Leno, especially when he has old vehicles. Not so much on the fancy fast ones. He saves a lot of non-automotive relics too. He has the first hot water tank from the white house, I believe. He has steam engines and literature. He still does stand up in L.A.
It would be interesting to know what his collection is worth.

Some guys keep a lot of old stuff running just for us to see. There is a guy Dave Richards that has the Old Steam Powered Machine shop that I enjoy watching. I'm not even a machinist, but I just love seeing him make parts and maintain his shop. Making these videos takes up extra time, and sure appreciate that people out there do this. This is his 1st video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WXHNBMLZZM&t=143s, and there 49 to date.

There is another car collection in Tacoma, Washington that is amazing, https://www.lemaymarymount.org/ , It's the LeMay Collections at Marymount. Not to be confused with the LeMay's American Car Museum on I-5. In 1997, the LeMay family collection was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the "Largest Antique & Vintage Vehicle Collection" with more than 1900 vehicles. You can check out the LeMay family's vehicles in this searchable database where you can sort by Year, Make, or Model.

A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin

When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop