The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
6 members (GeorgeCz, 48bigtrucks, DennisM, Cosmo, Pre '68 Dave, Cozsum), 204 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,402
Posts973,268
Members43,924
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Wow, New Balance in the dumpster
#1289754 Mon Dec 03 2018 04:28 PM
Tiny Offline OP
Master Gabster
I've been buying New Balance shoes for a long time. Mostly because there made in the USA. An old pair bit the dust in October so I ordered a new pair through Amazon.com. As it turns out they are now imported AND the shoe soles are starting to come off. I just got done with a frustrating "live chat" with NB customer support. They want me to return the shoes first, at MY expense, then go barefoot for three weeks while they send me a voucher to pay for another pair of shoes. I guess I'll be buying something besides NB next time.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Re: Wow, New Balance in the dumpster
Tiny #1289755 Mon Dec 03 2018 04:41 PM
W
Master Gabster
NB saved my job. On my feet, all day, hard floors and I tried about 4 brands still was barely able to walk at the end of the day. Bought NB and all was good. But I bought mine at JCP but they closed here so if I want to try some on I have to drive to Indy about 60 miles away. frown

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Tiny #1289759 Mon Dec 03 2018 05:11 PM
O
Shop Shark
Not tryin to get off-topic, but does anyone know about Red Wing shoes/boots?
I haven't had any for years, and I heard they're now made in China and the quality has deteriorated.

If not, I'd like another pair because the work boots I had in my younger days were the best I ever had, and comfortable as you please.
Now I want new walking shoes/boots.

As for other clothes or shoes, I just go to discount stores and get the cheapest because the "brand names" don't last much longer anyway. Deteriorating quality again.
The only exception is Mark's Work Wearhouse because some of their stuff is still pretty decent.

If I ever need a suit again for "formal" stuff I'll go to the best place I can find and (grudgingly) pay the ridiculous prices.

Tiny #1289763 Mon Dec 03 2018 05:43 PM
Tiny Offline OP
Master Gabster
Visit their web site. I understand some are still made in the USA and some are now imported. They have a live chat link so you can ask them.

Tiny #1289764 Mon Dec 03 2018 05:47 PM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Google “Shoes made in the USA” and you will find a list of about 75 companies making “some” of their shoes here. As Tiny said the key word is “SOME”. Do your research.
secret

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2)
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe
USAF 1965-69 Weather Observation Tech (got paid to look at the clouds)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!

Tiny #1289765 Mon Dec 03 2018 05:51 PM
J
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by Tiny
I've been buying New Balance shoes for a long time. Mostly because there made in the USA. An old pair bit the dust in October so I ordered a new pair through Amazon.com. As it turns out they are now imported AND the shoe soles are starting to come off. I just got done with a frustrating "live chat" with NB customer support. They want me to return the shoes first, at MY expense, then go barefoot for three weeks while they send me a voucher to pay for another pair of shoes. I guess I'll be buying something besides NB next time.

This has happened to me, too. I like the fit, so I just buy them on sale and figure they'll last me about a year. I haven't found a thing you can use to glue the soles back that works.

Right up to the end of the 90s, Bass shoes were made here but the factory closed and now I think they're made in South America.

Jon

1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235
T5 with 3.07 rear end
Tiny #1289773 Mon Dec 03 2018 07:04 PM
H
Boltergeist
After the third pair of NB shoes failed the same way (uppers separated from the soles) it would be hard to run fast enough to give me another pair of them. Finding any kind of footwear that's made in America any more is quite a challenge, including some very expensive brands.
Jerry

The murder victim was drowned in a bathtub full of Rice Krispies and milk.
The coroner blamed the crime on a cereal killer!

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
Tiny #1289783 Mon Dec 03 2018 09:39 PM
W
Master Gabster
I have one pair of red wing leather boots I have had for 40 years and another for 20 but they are hard to find that fit me. I had polio and one foot is 1/2 size smaller so if I fit that one the other is too tight. And again I have to go out of town or order from a local store. The owner is very accommodating about returns but I hate to do it to him because there is only a 50/50 chance they will fit. And boy has the price gone up almost 3 times the lace ups I have on, 20 years old.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Tiny #1289784 Mon Dec 03 2018 09:47 PM
Moderator - The Electrical Bay and Rocky Mountain Bolters
I usually buy a quality sole insert to replace the uncomfortable ones that come with the shoes or boots.

Another quality post.

Real Trucks Rattle

HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Tiny #1289786 Mon Dec 03 2018 10:46 PM
Tiny Offline OP
Master Gabster
Redwing used to spit sizes on certain models of shoes/boots. By split I mean is if your feet are two different sizes they would sell you one shoe/boot of each size. That was years ago so I don't know if they still do that or not.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop