The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
4 members (Ted Skidmore, Fox, bigmacdaddy, 1 invisible), 180 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,365
Posts977,661
Members44,213
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
low rider or??????????
#128974 Mon Jul 08 2002 02:16 PM
6T2Burb Offline OP
Wrench Fetcher
I currently have a 63 chevy short bed stepside. The question I have is do I lower it, or 4x4 it? The truck has many problems that money and time will fix. Since I have a 77 K-5 4x4 frame, and a 89 Caprice, I can go either way. grin I have checked the dimensions and the 89 Caprice frame will work. I will have heavy duty discs up front and a rear sway bar. Plus the motor and transmission. smile

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

1941 Pontiac business coupe
1947 Chev Coupe
1969 GTO ragtop
Re: low rider or??????????
#128975 Mon Jul 08 2002 05:59 PM
L
Low...slow... with alot of go is my vote.Airbag the suspension and throw some '20's on it!I've swapped bodies before from 2wheel frame to 4wheel using a 3ton engine hoist and blocks to seperate/transplant to a 4wheel frame.I did it in one weekend with hand tools-solo.But that was with a '73 fulltop blazer.I've also converted my brothers 4 wheel '72 blazer from 4 to 2 wheel by swapping front crossmembers,rearends and drive-trains.Take good measurements prior to ripping everything apart,take pictures with a disposeable camera for reference purposes,and go at it.Anythings possible with a sawsall,a torch and a little time- enjoy yourself.

Re: low rider or??????????
#128976 Tue Jul 09 2002 02:06 PM
6T2Burb Offline OP
Wrench Fetcher
Thanks for the info! I'll stick with my original pan to go lo,' as you say. grin grin

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

1941 Pontiac business coupe
1947 Chev Coupe
1969 GTO ragtop

Moderated by  KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop