The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 263 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,488
Posts929,906
Members42,644
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Greetings #1277294 Wed Aug 22 2018 03:07 AM
Achipmunk Offline OP
Extreme Gabster
Welcome to the Stovebolt. Just a couple comments. This sounds like an electrical problem. Not everyone will visit this Southern Forum except southern bolters and that is not very often.

The action takes place in the Garage Forums and there is one to cover, I think, just about any part of a truck.....
OOPS.... I just noticed. You have a 55 "210 which I take to be a car. While many items on a car or similar to the truck, this is a Truck Site.
There is a site VCCA Chat that you can visit and get answers to your car questions. Again, if the question was simply about a 235 engine, which fits both cars and trucks, it would be fine.

....you can ask this question in the electrical forum and someone that has had the problem with their truck may respond.

There are quite a few bolters here from Tenn. Watch for them. They may be close to you.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: Greetings [Re: Achipmunk] #1277309 Wed Aug 22 2018 07:31 AM
T
tomctomc Offline
Shop Shark
a 47 ohm resistor in parallel with a 90 ohm resistor results in a 30 ohm resistor. So putting a fixed 47 ohm resistor across a 0-90 ohm sending unit will effectively change it to a 0-30 ohm sending unit. There will be some non-linearity in the gauge caused by this, but you can ignore that.

so simply solder the 47 ohm resistor across the end terminals of sending unit resistor

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop