The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
Indianapolis

Fabrications

Talk to Randy Domeck

See what they

can do

for you
!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online Now
27 registered members (54hydramaticFL, 3800GUY, 52Chevy3100, 3100Cummins, 53 green 1- ton, 6 invisible), 464 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics111,420
Posts877,336
Members40,796
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
No News! #1265332
Wed May 09 2018 08:15 PM
Wed May 09 2018 08:15 PM
S
SavannahDog  Offline OP
Shop Shark
Georgia's Fresh Water Coast
This must be the deadest group in the entire USA & Canada.

Julian Carter

1970 Triumph GT6
1967 Triumph TR4A
1952 Chevy 3600
1948 MG-TC
Re: No News! [Re: SavannahDog] #1265364
Thu May 10 2018 01:58 AM
Thu May 10 2018 01:58 AM
Achipmunk  Offline
Boltergeist
Boiling Springs, S. C. 29316
SavannahDog, check out the first two pictures.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...aGF4VC1GRDBKSHFxLUgtMXdGUjh0MDVDR0E4YzNn

We are not dead. Just taking a long nap. We even had a gathering at the Atlanta Dragway a few years ago. If I had your email address I can send you two or three links of some neat stuff. Right now those links are on Photobucket and not everyone can see them.

Here is how it went. Several years ago we had our first Stovebolt Reunion in Spartanburg at Westgate Mall.......for two yearts.
Following that my wife and I decided to have it here at our house....for the next 3 or 4 years. I think the last one was 2012 or 2013.
I had open heart surgery in 2014 so everything is on hold.
Then, early 2017 my wife diagnosed with cancer and we are still fighting it.

Moving forward: I have often invited anyone in the Southern Stovebolt Area to "put on a gathering". We have LOTS of Southern Bolters. Besides the ones here in Spartanburg we had a gathering in Strawberry Tenn. and some of us met at a big mall in Columbia probably 3 years ago which is where Lugnutz (jay) lives.

I'm ready and I'm game. The host usually furnishes the ice and drinks/spoon/forks and everyone else is invited to come.
WE JUST NEED SOMEONE TO DO IT. SET A DATE TIME AND PLACE and lets get the word out. When I hosted I had a list, and still do, of about 100 different Southern Bolters and I'd simply mail out the info. MANY have joined since then and "waynevert" reserved places one year at the Daytona gathering which I could not attend.
Lets get it started again. Heck, the first one we did there were, I think, about 15-17 bolters and the last one here at my house we had over 50 bolters and some damned fine looking vehicles.....some had to drive a Ferd though as their truck was not done....nor is one required.

ANYONE, wanting to do this I will certainly help co-ordinate a gathering and maybe pass along a tip or two. RIght now we are spending just about everyday at the hospital and will for a while.....but I will still do all I can. I miss the events very much........folks came from N.C. Tenn, Ga, and if we do another one some of the ODSS guys said they'd like to make it down from the Va. area. We could put on one helleva Reunion.

My email address is in my profile. If you would like to chat about this please send me an email and we can then talk live on the phone. I can also send you an email with the links to 3 or 4 or our events.

ANYONE that would like to do this lets chat.

We are not dead...........just snoozing for now. Thank you for stepping up. Everyone save your Dixie Cups, the South will rise again!

Alvin

EDIT: this is our FIRST one. http://s160.photobucket.com/user/stovebltr/library/2008/Southern%20Stovebolters?sort=2&page=1

and this was our LAST one at my house...
http://s160.photobucket.com/user/stovebltr/library/2011/Southern%20Stovebolters?sort=6&page=1

We even had embroidered T-shirts and Golf style shirts.......

Enjoy and get back with me.

Last edited by Achipmunk; Thu May 10 2018 02:09 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: No News! [Re: SavannahDog] #1265613
Sat May 12 2018 07:32 PM
Sat May 12 2018 07:32 PM
S
SavannahDog  Offline OP
Shop Shark
Gracious!! Alvin,

First off I'm a rather strong introvert. I can survive with my One sentence answers.

So my email address is in my profile. I'll contact you.

Where is a good place for a awaking from our napping. I don't think there are any Old Cars around me. I saw a Morgan and several older Chevy's. But nothing really old. So where's a good place to do this. Somewhere near You in Spartenburg?

Julian Carter

1970 Triumph GT6
1967 Triumph TR4A
1952 Chevy 3600
1948 MG-TC
Re: No News! [Re: SavannahDog] #1265660
Sun May 13 2018 03:08 AM
Sun May 13 2018 03:08 AM
Achipmunk  Offline
Boltergeist
yeah, Julian, I can get long winded but I guess I'm also partial to our group. We were sort of the 'forerunner" for what we use to call "GabFest" a while back. I had met Peggy and John at my first K.C. Reunion then I met David Wolfe, a local Bolter who I met and had lunch with. He had seen my name on the bolt. We chatted and decided to give it a try. So I just started watching bolters post and gathering every name in the Southern bunch that I say posting and then sent out email to them and took it from there. We can post it on the Stovebolt but since not everyone checks in all the time you have to "reach out" to them and the best way is by an email. I found that out the hard way!!!

To be honest, we can meet anywhere. I tried to make it special by having T-shirts made, some "door prizes" for the "stovebolt toss" which is done at the K.C. Reunion.....but that is/was my doing to have a good time. How ever we do not have to have a "formal" type of gathering. We can "put it out there" and simply meet someplace, eat, chew the rag and be on our way. It just seems to be better and more personal if it can be hosted by someone at a park, or their house ect.

I'm game, I can start working on a email list while deciding where to have it. There is a "shopping mall" off I-26 where there is a cruise-in once a month and is not an organized one......folks just show up there. Jay, "lugnutz" and I put together one there and had a few show up and we even visited a local junk yard looking for parts. There is a Wendy's near by and we could park together and also enjoy the other vehicles.
........maybe even ask anyone down your way would want to host it. We did a "one time deal" at the Atlanta Dragway. The guy who runs it, Brad, is a bolter and he let us in free as we did it while he was having the monthly swap meet. I think we had about 6 or 7 that showed up and had a good time. That may be a possibility.

My situation: As you know my wife is battling cancer. Took her to the lab yesterday and while doing blood work and getting ready for platelets she was sent to the ER with a high fever, low BP and some heart problems. This was an unexpected, and un-scheduled admissions. Turns out to be and infection and what the doctor said was a "bug in the blood". She is getting two pints of blood, antibiotics and platelets today and even tonight...............SO, even though we wanted to have one here I am hesitant to schedule one. We wanted to it last spring and fall but thn hoped for this year. We are scheduled for a biopsy Thursday and if in remission she will get a stem cell transplant June 26 but that date may be pushed out. We are told, by doctors, not to have visitors at the hospital, or home, for some time as her white blood count is extremely low all the time due to all the drugs.

Whew, another long letter but necessary I think so you can understand situation.

Still, I will start updating a list of all bolters I can from our area. In the beginning it was N.C. S.C and some Tenn and Ga. Then later John and Peggy divided up the country as more and more folks wanted to start having a gabfest. So now we have some of Va. and Fl so the list could get quite long. I'm a die hard bolter and would love to have a group of bolters and trucks like never seen. What a sight that would be. John and Peggy, and some of the ODSS up around Va. and Md have said they would like to even come down.

Well, you pushed me....so time to get started on the list. If you think of a place anywhere that is fine. I can still help get the word out. I have bought, and sold, some parts to guys in Ga so I know there are there.

Lets see what I can do......but it may be slow. Victoria naturally comes first but we probably swing one.

Your thoughts
Alvin

Oh, its to late to do it now but the car club I belonged to does a big car show at Westgate Mall which is at the end of THIS month. That is the first "reunion' we had and we sort of "piggy backed" that show with their permission. If you could make it up to that show maybe we could meet and chat. If you come up I-85 it will cross I-26 where you can get off and its only a couple miles to the mall which is "on the side" of I-26. Think about it.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

Re: No News! [Re: SavannahDog] #1265681
Sun May 13 2018 12:43 PM
Sun May 13 2018 12:43 PM
S
SavannahDog  Offline OP
Shop Shark
Sure The Car show at Westgate Mall sounds fun. If your wife is OK.

I live on a 80,000 acre lake just north of Augusta, GA. It has several State Parks. Where maybe we can have a get together. But there isn't any major shelter.

Sense this is Georgia. I'd suggest sum time in the fall late September or November

Julian Carter

1970 Triumph GT6
1967 Triumph TR4A
1952 Chevy 3600
1948 MG-TC
Re: No News! [Re: SavannahDog] #1265815
Mon May 14 2018 03:35 AM
Mon May 14 2018 03:35 AM
Achipmunk  Offline
Boltergeist
Wife has been back in the hospital since Friday. I'll keep you posted....and don't be afraid to holler at me!!

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

Re: No News! [Re: SavannahDog] #1265857
Mon May 14 2018 02:32 PM
Mon May 14 2018 02:32 PM
S
sstock  Offline
Shop Shark
Gig Harbor, WA
Be thinking of you Bolter Brother, wishing you and the wife entirely the best.

1953 Chevrolet 3100
Re: No News! [Re: SavannahDog] #1266337
Fri May 18 2018 08:29 PM
Fri May 18 2018 08:29 PM
63 C-10 Carolina Fleetside  Offline
Shop Shark
Sparta, North Carolina/Calais,...
Prayers sent Alvin. I have been really sick lately from Lymes disease. If we have a reunion past the second week in July count me in. I stand ready to help in any way. My wife and I are going to our place up in Maine until then. Ginger is going through a “frame off” rebuild. I’ll ride an Indian!

1963 Chevy C-10 Fleetside
2010 Chevy HHR SS GONE, NOT FORGETTEN
2003 GMC Z71
2016 Silverado High Country 2500 Diesel
2012 Indian Chief Vintage serial #002 motorcycle

Re: No News! [Re: SavannahDog] #1269248
Sat Jun 16 2018 06:46 PM
Sat Jun 16 2018 06:46 PM
L
Lugnutz  Offline
Shop Shark
South Carolina
I’ve been trying my best to get my shop done. Maybe I can host something small in the fall months. Alvin and Victoria, prayers and good thoughts from us too. Talk to you soon.

Re: No News! [Re: SavannahDog] #1269404
Mon Jun 18 2018 02:46 AM
Mon Jun 18 2018 02:46 AM
Achipmunk  Offline
Boltergeist
....just a quick note to you guys. Victoria will start Chemo Wednesday for 6 straight days in Greenville and then, on the 26 she will get the transplant. In hospital at least 3 weeks, maybe 4 or more. We will see how things go. Sure would be nice to do a gathering.
Jay, maybe chat one evening latter this week.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

Moderated by  Achipmunk 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop