The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
16 members (buoymaker, DennisM, clarsen3100, BC59, 46 Chevy Mom, 3 invisible), 236 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,085
Posts961,791
Members43,554
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Brice Thomas Radiators?
#1266153 Wed May 16 2018 11:18 PM
F
Shop Shark
This company advertises a Made In USA aluminum radiator. I need a new one for my '61 and this seems like a viable route.

I can't find much feedback on them. Does anyone have direct experience with them?

Thank you,

Kyle

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
Re: Brice Thomas Radiators?
Fort Knox #1266168 Thu May 17 2018 12:30 AM
Boltergeist
Google their name and you will find quite a bit.

https://www.hotrodhotline.com/brice-thomas-radiator-antique-radiators

I believe they have an ebay store as well. Several links to click on.

If you deal with them pleas come back and let us know how things go....quality? Price? Service?..........thanks

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Achipmunk #1266261 Thu May 17 2018 08:09 PM
F
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by Achipmunk
Google their name and you will find quite a bit.

https://www.hotrodhotline.com/brice-thomas-radiator-antique-radiators

I believe they have an ebay store as well. Several links to click on.

If you deal with them pleas come back and let us know how things go....quality? Price? Service?..........thanks

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping someone had direct experience with them in our humble little forum here. I found them on ebay and googled them as well. I just wasn't finding a lot of reviews or 'community' chatter about them as a retailer. I am worried about ordering something sight unseen.

Kyle

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
Fort Knox #1266368 Sat May 19 2018 02:18 AM
Boltergeist
Kyle, not being a smarty but someone has to be the first!
My take is it at least appears to be what it says but customer service, and quality of product always comes into play. As I remember, a lot of vendors out there sale radiators made basically by one or two major operations. I have bought from Griffin, Walker Radiator and one in Upstate N.Y. Google USRadiators. They make a LOT of the ones vendors sale and you can order direct...or use to. They have a good site and lots of info so have a cold Pepsi handy.
But the Brice Thomas seems to be, from what I read, actually making them themselves. Maybe they are competitive.

Let us know what you decide...... always looking for the good companies to spend my money with.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

Fort Knox #1267551 Wed May 30 2018 04:18 PM
F
Shop Shark
I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered a radiator. I went with Champion, they are imported but at $175 it leaves me a large chunk of my $500 summer budget left to address some other issues. I didn't find definitive information on Bryce Thomas and in no way am knocking their product which seems stellar, but at $325 the price difference was a fairly large deciding factor.

Kyle

I will keep you all posted as to the progress, I should have it by the weekend and I can go look at the old girl and see what else I need for this project.

My Machine
Fort Knox #1267632 Thu May 31 2018 02:23 AM
Boltergeist
Kyle, I have been very pleased with my Walker radiator in my 50 coupe....and a nice cap came with it.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop