So I went to deliver some parts to a body shop this week and they asked me if I wanted a cab they got back from getting blasted that was way too far gone for them to use for their customer otherwise they were going to send it to the scrapper. I took a look and although it was really really bad, It had an unmolested radio hole and the cowl vent didn't look too bad so I figured I could cut those out to put on the shelf when a customer needed to fix either of those spots. So being bare metal I didn't want to leave it outside so I've been working around it in the shop all week. Saturday afternoon I got a few minutes and fired up the plasma cutter to trim out the patch pieces. Then I decided that the cab would be perfect to mock up the roadster project full size. So I went ahead and cut the firewall/toeboard and the top off and sectioned the center out of the cab. For now I screwed it together with a couple scraps since my welder is at my other shop right now. I did the obligatory milk crate drive to test the fit and I'm liking it. The milk crate is a little tall, but I've got an S-10 bench that should fit nice and set a little lower.
If I end up sticking with this cab for the project it's going to need a lot of work but it's a pretty seriously modified project to begin with. The floor is pretty toast so I'm thinking a whole new one piece Floor/Toe/Firewall and in the process of that I might raise the floor a couple inches more to further hide the frame under the cab.
Anyway It's going to get rolled in the corner of my other shop for now but when I get some more time I'll pull it out and tinker some more with it.
And I added some pics to the gallery I shared before above and HERE
Worse case I saved some pieces that will help some other guys.
Keep on Truckin' Guys..