The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
Indianapolis

Fabrications

Talk to Randy Domeck

See what they

can do

for you
!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online Now
30 registered members (canuck49, Burgy, amtrakjoe, BC59, 55 SHAKER, 5 invisible), 472 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics109,601
Posts861,768
Members40,466
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Video Question #1250485
Thu Jan 11 2018 06:05 PM
Thu Jan 11 2018 06:05 PM
R
redwing  Offline OP
Wrench Fetcher
Ohio
Getting ready to pull my 235 and 4 speed to do a SBC / automatic swap. Before I do, I would like to make a video for the next potential owner of the running 235 and 4 speed. I'm not too swift when it comes to computer stuff. I can make a video with my android phone or android tablet. Should I sign up for youtube account? Are there other good ways to save a 5 or 10 minute video on my computer to later email to someone? It seems like the person wanting to see a video is usually sent to a "link".... This is all new stuff to me...

Re: Video Question [Re: redwing] #1250512
Thu Jan 11 2018 08:51 PM
Thu Jan 11 2018 08:51 PM
V
Volfandt  Offline
Shop Shark
Knox County, TN
Generally a good quality video is too big to send by most emails. Making it in a Hi Def setting utilizes even more memory. If you cut the definition down the video gets grainy and blurry.

Your Android phone will take very good Hi Def video's and it's generally set to take them that way as default. The memory on your phone can be limited so it's always best to download it to your PC, make sure all of it's been transfered then delete it off the phone. Your Android tablet is similar but it generally has more memory for storage so you can leave the video's on it until it fills it up.
There's several ways to store your videos. I usually use 3 or 4 different storage methods. I'll list them with some of their advantages.
Permanent storage:
1) download the video to your PC and save in it's own folder on the HDD. Remember it takes alot of memory. Advantage is you can easily look at it whenever you want. Once saved on your HDD you can easily copy it to all the following options.

2) once downloaded to your PC, burn it to a DVD. Advantages are this could be your "local" backup as well as can be played on your DVD/BluRay player. You can also pass it on to whomever you want to give copies to.

3)upload it to youtube. If you don't have a youtube account it's easy to add one and it's free. Once uploaded you can mark it as private or public for sharing with others. I have many youtube vids. The advantage of youtube is you can share your vids with the world and just about everybody has seen vids on youtube.

4) upload it to google pictures. If you don't have an account you can set one up easily and it's also free. Like youtube the vids can also be marked as private or public so it can be shared. Advantages are you can store your videos and pictures on your google pictures account. They can be individually shared so those you don't want shared won't be. It's good as an "off site" backup for all your pics and videos. I've been using google pictures more lately as I share alot of vids and pics and like that I can back them up on that site.

When you use youtube or google pictures all you have to do is email or text the video's link address to whomever you want to share it with and they just click on it and then they can view the video. You can also post the link to your video in most forums where you want to add the video to your post.
Once you've done a couple it's a piece of cake.
Both vids taken by an Android phone:
example of a link to google pictures. 250's 1st run
example of a link to youtube. 235 break in
Good luck
Dave

Re: Video Question [Re: redwing] #1250513
Thu Jan 11 2018 09:11 PM
Thu Jan 11 2018 09:11 PM
W
WE b OLD  Online
Master Gabster
marion, in. usa
From what I have seen posted, the cell phone would be my last choice. I did one on my tablet and was satisfied.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2015 GMC terrain.
Pix on Photobucket
Re: Video Question [Re: redwing] #1250551
Fri Jan 12 2018 04:10 AM
Fri Jan 12 2018 04:10 AM
R
redwing  Offline OP
Wrench Fetcher
Ohio
Thanks for the replies!

Re: Video Question [Re: redwing] #1250588
Fri Jan 12 2018 02:58 PM
Fri Jan 12 2018 02:58 PM
tclederman  Offline
Boltergeist
Jarvisburg, NC
I agree with Ron, unless your cell phone can easily upload to YouTube.

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban - part of the family for 47 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic
Z-series (54/55) GMC 350 (2-ton) COE
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engine are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler.

Moderated by  Tiny, Volfandt 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop