The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
Indianapolis

Fabrications

Talk to Randy Domeck

See what they

can do

for you
!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online Now
24 registered members (49 3100, amtrakjoe, Bruce W., Bill Marlow, 2 invisible), 501 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics107,899
Posts843,980
Members40,032
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
1948GMCTruck, 64stepside, callahan, fredw, Jack 57, merlin, NavyRM, oldfart57, quinton
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1234364 - Tue Sep 12 2017 02:29 AM Maynard 1956 Chevy pickup  
Bart  Offline
Shop Shark
La Junta
I saw this pickup sitting and rusting in the apple orchard belonging to a friend of mine. I offered to rescue it but he turned me down. He said it was his retirement project. It was about a year later, he told me that he would trade the pickup for a set of tires. I couldn't pass it up. I got it home and started take it apart. I found out that this pickup had been worked hard for years. I welded a dozen or more patch panels in place and I still have a couple more to go. During my vacation I looked her over and decided I liked the rugged over worked look so I pounded out the big dents and filled in the extra holes. I sanded and primed and painted her the color my wife picked. I stll have to work on the bed but she's running and driving just fine. I have to pump the gas peddle 20 time and then she'll start right up. It will be a few more months before I put plates on her but for now, driving around the farm is fun enough.

#1234573 - Wed Sep 13 2017 03:23 AM Re: Maynard 1956 Chevy pickup [Re: Bart]  
Achipmunk  Offline
Boiling Springs, S. C. 29316
Congratulations and thanks for the update and pictures. The Task Force trucks are a good looking ride or worker.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  HandyAndy, John Milliman 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop