The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
15 members (AD8, D B Cooper, 49nut, 51sub, ApacheFiend, 1 invisible), 129 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics119,488
Posts956,741
Members43,414
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
48-53 floor mat hole shapes and locations?
#1231611 Wed Aug 23 2017 02:37 PM
G
Grigg Offline OP
I recently purchased a new reproduction floor mat which is pretty nicely made, heavy, and looks good.
47-55 (AD) Floor mat link
It came with instructions for cutting the holes for pedals between the molded in dashed lines on the back, that was easy enough to do neatly. I gather this detail was not on the original mats, but is how they're addressing the holes on the reproductions, cut just as many as you need.

Problem is there are no guide lines for the 4 speed transmission shifter or the transmission mounted parking brake lever.
I have contacted the vendor and they don't have details on where and what size. The reproduction is a copy of a customer's original mat and they don't presently have an old/original one to measure. I don't have an original one to measure either.

I can guess at it, but I'd like to first ask and research and see what the original shifter and brake lever hole were supposed to look like.

Anyone have that info?

Thanks,
Grigg

1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals [stovebolt.com]
1948 Chevrolet 6400 [stovebolt.com] - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup [stovebolt.com]
---All pictures [picasaweb.google.com]---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Re: 48-53 floor mat hole shapes and locations?
Grigg #1231745 Thu Aug 24 2017 03:11 AM
Master Gabster
Can you use a piece of construction paper as a template to mark the holes and transfer that to the floor mat?

Re: 48-53 floor mat hole shapes and locations?
Grigg #1231759 Thu Aug 24 2017 11:44 AM
G
Grigg Offline OP
Yes, or measure floor carefully and lay that out on floor mat.
Still that does not answer the size or corner radius of holes in an original floor mat.

Perhaps it doesn't matter, no one cares, or no one has the answer anyhow.
I thought it worth looking into before guessing at and cutting holes in a $100 floor mat.
Also disappointed the vendor says it fits a 4 speed truck and marks are there to cut out holes but that's not quite the case. After conversion with then I understand the situation but it's still a little frustrating.

1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals [stovebolt.com]
1948 Chevrolet 6400 [stovebolt.com] - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup [stovebolt.com]
---All pictures [picasaweb.google.com]---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-

Moderated by  ndkid275 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop