The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
Indianapolis

Fabrications

Talk to Randy Domeck

See what they

can do

for you
!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online Now
49 registered members (50Chevy3100, 52Carl, 55 SHAKER, 49choptop, 4 invisible), 566 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics107,456
Posts840,351
Members39,939
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
Aaron.B, CaptFrog, doghows, Dusty53, glenn33, mhumann, pmor, The Works
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1228637 - Sat Aug 05 2017 11:26 PM quality source for beaded window seals / cat whiskers  
Woogeroo  Offline
Socket Breaker
Tool Box
Hi folks.

I recently had to regoop my driver side door glass and the reproduction glass window seal I put on many years ago was rusted out and just plain broke and came apart.

I bought it from a large vendor and it rusted badly, right away...

Now, I know the vendors mostly get their parts from the same small handful of sources... but thought I'd ask if maybe anyone has found a quality source, just in case.

My truck lives outside in the weather and gets driven all the time, so it will get rained on, lots.

Thanks.

-W

this part here :

(1964-66) Beaded Window Seals with Clips

also known as 'cat whiskers' because, well they really do look that way out of the vehicle.

The part that goes on both sides of the door glass to keep it from rattling.

#1228647 - Sun Aug 06 2017 12:05 AM Re: quality source for beaded window seals / cat whiskers [Re: Woogeroo]  
Justhorsenround  Online
Grease Monkey
Central, Oklahoma
Just received mine last week. Ordered from Rockauto.com. Fairchild brand. $50 for the complete set for both doors. Haven't put them in yet but they look ok.🛠

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed
'48 Chevy Suburban Street Rod
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line" and lock up those on the wrong side of that line.

48 Burb

#1228703 - Sun Aug 06 2017 01:10 PM Re: quality source for beaded window seals / cat whiskers [Re: Woogeroo]  
Hambone  Offline
california, md
Good question. I have bought 2 pairs/sets in the past (7 yrs and 3 yrs). Likely from the regular vendors and both were about the same quality. I have not had any degradation yet, but I suspect they will break down based on the quality.

HB

1966 Chevrolet K-10
Flappy Fenders
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1962 Chevrolet C10

#1229802 - Sun Aug 13 2017 01:53 AM Re: quality source for beaded window seals / cat whiskers [Re: Woogeroo]  
Woogeroo  Offline
Socket Breaker
Tool Box
I found some at steelerubber.com : which is hard to locate on their site because of the text description and the photo in their results... but they seem to be of better quality than the last re-pops I had on there, but time will tell.

-W

Moderated by  Hambone, sixtyfive c-10 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->