The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Points to Ponder

LOVE STRUCK!

You might be a Stovebolt Lover

Check the New Stuff and Announcements Forum

What do you think?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 348 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics117,308
Posts937,978
Members42,896
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
'46 Dash install #1226175 Wed Jul 19 2017 12:14 AM
46Sparky Offline OP
Shop Shark
Getting ready to install the painted dash and gauges. The dash screws and bolts onto the cab. The cab section has a support or cross member that runs from the A pillars on each side. In that support there are five, about 1/2" diameter holes. Two of the holes are somewhat "D" shaped. These are at the center of the support and one on each side of the windshiled crank assembly . The other three: one on each end near the "A" pillars and one about the center between the windshield crank hole and the left "A" pillar.

What is/was the purpose of these holes? I don't believe there is a missing part(s). I received this project disassembled, but the dash was apparently one of a few parts unmolested since assembly. Just want to make sure on this re-assembly so I can avoid re-working the whole dash later. I don't think they are drains, since as I learned from others recently those are in bottom corners of the windshield channel.

Re: '46 Dash install [Re: 46Sparky] #1226217 Wed Jul 19 2017 03:09 AM
H
Harold46 Offline
Shop Shark
Mine had the same holes. I never saw a need for them. They have no purpose that I can see.
Harold

Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop