The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
21 members (Chev4t6, ccanepa50, 1958_Apache, Cosmo, 2 invisible), 191 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,946
Posts969,559
Members43,800
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Cat Problem
Sedgewick #1225668 Sat Jul 15 2017 07:58 PM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
A dedicated cat room (inside or outside) may be the only solution. If inside put linoleum flooring down so it's easy to clean. My brothers wife insisted he build an outside cat house out of 1 of their barns. Covered everything including the floors with wire mesh so the outside critters couldn't get in and the cats can't get out. She buys old quilts/blankets at yard sales to throw in for the cats beds. The old ones get tossed when the new go in. Cats seem content.šŸˆ

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
ā€˜65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (Iā€™m #2)
ā€˜39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe
USAF 1965-69 Weather Observation Tech (got paid to look at the clouds)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!

Sedgewick #1225682 Sat Jul 15 2017 09:23 PM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Martin .... you can't be serious ... For a cat????

headscratch

John
"There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes..."

'49 Chevrolet 3804

Sedgewick #1225687 Sat Jul 15 2017 10:23 PM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Exactly!šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø BTW, its cats and lots of em. They had a 20+ pound cat that would crawl up inside the springs on the sofa. When you sat down he would reach out and grab your ankle. Needless to say if they forgot to tell a guest it could get quite hilarious.šŸ˜³

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
ā€˜65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (Iā€™m #2)
ā€˜39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe
USAF 1965-69 Weather Observation Tech (got paid to look at the clouds)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!

Sedgewick #1225696 Sat Jul 15 2017 11:53 PM
Master Gabster
John, you obviously haven't been bitten by the cat bug. It's call catification. It's a disease that affects lots of folks, myself included, to varying degrees. I never considered myself a cat person after a lifetime of being a dog person, then I married a woman with the cat disease and found it to be contagious. We currently have two, a tuxedo short hair female who's nine (Stacy) and a two+ year old orange tabby (Marco). Love them both to pieces and just like people they have unique personalities. At this exact moment Stacy is curled up in my lap where she spends every evening and Marco is checking his eyelids for leaks on "his" chair. I don't have a picture of Stacy that I can post but this is Marco.

Last edited by Tiny; Sun Jul 16 2017 11:59 AM.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Sedgewick #1225735 Sun Jul 16 2017 10:33 AM
W
Master Gabster
I have stayed out of the discussion because I am not a cat person and I don't understand people that are. If I had the situation that is portrayed on the cat whisperer show they would be gone in a second. I will stop at that or this will go down hill in a hurry.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Sedgewick #1225738 Sun Jul 16 2017 11:29 AM
T
Shop Shark
Tiny,

Marco looks like a fine upstanding young fellow, funny how all cats like Christmas trees. I've had Siamese, rag doll, tabbies and Manx. They are all Loveable and have their own personalities . Currently Cat less after putting Fred down last November, a 3yr diabetic he finally gave up at 14 yrs. old. Not yet ready to get another, It's hard to replace a friend.

Tommy
59 apache 1/2t
261 short stepside
Tiny #1226074 Tue Jul 18 2017 04:03 PM
J
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by Tiny
John, you obviously haven't been bitten by the cat bug. It's call catification. It's a disease that affects lots of folks, myself included, to varying degrees. I never considered myself a cat person after a lifetime of being a dog person, then I married a woman with the cat disease and found it to be contagious.

Ditto Tiny,I too have become 'infected' by the bug,they sure get under your skin,I inherited a feral moggie when I met my wife,we had a gap of a year after she passed @18 years,then we got Boo,our Maine Coon girl,Dexter the big dufus followed a year later,and a refugee we adopted Rallo our jet black serial killer. (We reckon he came from farm stock) so has a keen rodent annihilation instinct.
All joking aside we have never been willingly clawed or bitten by any of our three,and trust me, if Dexter (Our 23lb lad) decided to have a go it wouldn't be pretty!
They're truly fascinating wee critters.

I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings

"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr .
Sedgewick #1226145 Tue Jul 18 2017 08:39 PM
Master Gabster

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Sedgewick #1226171 Tue Jul 18 2017 11:26 PM
S
Shop Shark
They do become quite the pals. I have Rey my 2 year old blind guy and Wicket who must be pushing 15. I got her last year. She was a feisty critter who hated everyone especially other cats. But I saw something in her and after 6 visits to the pound I brought her home. She is the most loving cat but very vocal. She saw a raccoon the other morning and started to chase it thinking it was another cat. The coon ran but stopped and turned around to face her (8 feet away) and that is when I brought Wicket in the house.
Rey was feral and has no eyes. He comes from Cuba where somebody decided that as he was handicapped he should be in a sanctuary. He was there 6 months and then boarded a 737 for Canada.

"Sedgewick"
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1989 Caprice

Sedgewick #1226272 Wed Jul 19 2017 06:25 PM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Big negative on the catification. For those who don't know, the main/home office spaces of the Stovebolt.com global publishing empire are co-located with a real working farm. We have a few cats here (all neutered) and we like them well enough. But they are considered "independent contractors." As such, they are pretty much on-demand labor. And as we all know, cats don't do the "labor" thing very enthusiastically. They have a job to do around here. When they fail to live up to their end, they get fired. To paraphrase a quote from Ben-Hur -- "Serve this farm well and live."

John
"There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes..."

'49 Chevrolet 3804

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop