The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
Indianapolis

Fabrications

Talk to Randy Domeck

See what they

can do

for you
!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online Now
8 registered members (Grigg, 49oneton, Paul_WNC, ASU, joe apple, coilover), 394 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics107,934
Posts844,330
Members40,039
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
bgddyb, Dave Cadenasso, Jimmyn6544, mike albans, newdriver, Pete/ME, Singer64panel, telekenfun, Tony C
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1225854 - Mon Jul 17 2017 01:46 AM Re: Photobucket [Re: Tiny]  
Justhorsenround  Offline
Grease Monkey
Central, Oklahoma
Mike, yours works fine.👍🏻

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed
'48 Chevy Suburban Street Rod
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line" and lock up those on the wrong side of that line.

48 Burb

#1225875 - Mon Jul 17 2017 04:06 AM Re: Photobucket [Re: Tiny]  
jorb  Offline
Shop Shark
Wis
Wow this is really great.
PB is a bunch of losers.
The thing that really get my craw is they changed this 3rd party stuff without notifying me.
I did know diddly crap until I saw it here in this thread.
This is getting really close to ransom ware.
Pay PB or you won't get your photos back.

Looks like I have another project to take care of and Fix what PB screwed up.
I've been looking to find a photo sharing plan B solution.
The above google link in Gray_Ghost post seems to work, for how long nobody knows.
It would be nice to find a long term solution.

1954 Chevrolet 3105 Deluxe Panel Truck
w/Factory HYDRA-MATIC

-------------------------------------

#1225884 - Mon Jul 17 2017 07:05 AM Re: Photobucket [Re: jorb]  
klhansen  Offline
Shop Shark
Eagle River, Alaska
I've been using Flikr for my photos, but I have all the originals locally (just in case - I'm reluctant to trust anyone who say - Oh just let us keep that online for you.)
Flikr is a Yahoo site, and Yahoo just got bought by Verizon, so who knows what will happen.
So far it has been working well.

Kevin
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck.

#1225887 - Mon Jul 17 2017 12:14 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: Tiny]  
Tiny  Offline
Global Mod
South Central Kansas
How the heck do you post to Google photos. When I go to the site all I see is a search box. I don't want to search, I want to post. I have a Google account.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.

#1225897 - Mon Jul 17 2017 01:55 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: Tiny]  
HandyAndy  Offline
SE Iowa
I've also been using Flickr without any troubles or issues. One concern I have is that when we change hosts for photo sharing and remove the photos from the old host, the links to the photos no longer work. Of course the text is still there, but it's disappointing to follow a thread and click on a link to a photo only to find out the link doesn't work or photo is no longer there. I'm not a PB fan, so I'll have to look at Google photos as a possible option. I just wish there was a way to 'save' those old links to photos short of re-creating them with the new photo hosting site which is well beyond the scope of realistic, IMHO.

Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3100
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"Things ain't what they used to be and never were." - Will Rogers

#1225907 - Mon Jul 17 2017 03:46 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: HandyAndy]  
Gray_Ghost  Offline
Shop Shark
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Andy,

You have hit on a real issue with the older posts and photo links. It is really disappointing to do a search, find a topic that looks like it will help you and find that you are limited to the text because the picture links are broken. Quite often, the poster references what's in the pictures. Sometimes the text stands alone, sometimes it doesn't.

Mike

1953 3100
1994 Chevy 1500 (Donated to charity 2016)

My Photobucket Pics

My Restoration Adventure Blog

#1225910 - Mon Jul 17 2017 04:35 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: Gray_Ghost]  
klhansen  Offline
Shop Shark
Eagle River, Alaska
I agree with Andy that the real issue is the broken links that result from moved photos. It's a fact of life of the Web, unfortunately. I'm a moderator on TheDieselStop and when the site changed hands, they changed the software running it, and archived the older threads. One of the old moderators had put together a thread full of links to previous posts for common items, and the majority of them were broken. By doing some searching on the archived posts, I was able to recreate about half of the links, but boy was that tedious. Unfortunately, the techies of the site weren't helpful in providing a script for editing the links.
To be able to recreate links that others have done would of course be impossible, and it was bad enough to fix the ones that just moved within the same site. Bad stuff for sure.

Kevin
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck.

#1226097 - Tue Jul 18 2017 05:05 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: Tiny]  
jorb  Offline
Shop Shark
Wis
Like they say "A picture is worth a thousand words"

I just learned something with this new Stovebolt software.
If you use the quick reply at the bottom of the thread, the software doesn't Automatically "Add the thread to your Followed Threads" list.
So I have not been getting email notification when a new reply was added to the thread.
I been in the dark with PB and now on Stovebolt just can't win.

Using the Stovebolt software "Full editor" Auto "Adds the thread to my Followed Threads" list.
i.e. the "Add this thread to my Followed Threads" box is auto checked.

1954 Chevrolet 3105 Deluxe Panel Truck
w/Factory HYDRA-MATIC

-------------------------------------

#1226138 - Tue Jul 18 2017 08:17 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: HandyAndy]  
Bruce W.  Offline
Shop Shark
Jacksonville Fl
Originally Posted by HandyAndy
I've also been using Flickr without any troubles or issues. One concern I have is that when we change hosts for photo sharing and remove the photos from the old host, the links to the photos no longer work. Of course the text is still there, but it's disappointing to follow a thread and click on a link to a photo only to find out the link doesn't work or photo is no longer there. I'm not a PB fan, so I'll have to look at Google photos as a possible option. I just wish there was a way to 'save' those old links to photos short of re-creating them with the new photo hosting site which is well beyond the scope of realistic, IMHO.

Andy - how exactly do you setup your tagline on your signature when using "Flickr"? [image]HTTPS:xxxxxxx[image]?

1950 3100 5 Window
http://imgur.com/a/DAVYB

#1226150 - Tue Jul 18 2017 09:21 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: Tiny]  
LonnieC  Offline
Shop Shark
Orlando, Florida
I'm sad that the wealth of information and real-world experiences for these trucks has been severely damaged by Photobucket's actions. It affected untold numbers of similar knowledge-sharing sites. An even worse void will be created when sites like Stovebolt are eventually closed. Unlike printed media, digital media can be realistically retrieved only as long as the host keeps the lights on.

FWIW, I added a note to my signature line telling readers to contact me if they want my photos that Photobucket blocked.

- Lonnie

- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Tiny, Volfandt 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop