The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
17 registered members (ESum, 1Ton_tommy, Brad Allen, DennisM, Dragsix, dougs), 312 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,486
Posts929,881
Members42,644
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: An observation [Re: WE b OLD] #1215449 Mon May 01 2017 02:39 AM
32vld Offline
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by WE b OLD
Good for you.I took my wife to her tenth now this was years ago, and sitting at the table were 2 women that I had dated before her. I have never been to any of mine.

Does your wife know this? drive
Jeffrey

Re: An observation [Re: coilover] #1215454 Mon May 01 2017 02:51 AM
I
idaho39 Offline
Shop Shark
The School I went to has a reunion every year the last Saturday in August at a county park close by... and it is for every year since the high school was built in around 1917..Never seen anyone from any of them years ,,but the oldest person I ever seen at one was 97 ..

Re: An observation [Re: coilover] #1215472 Mon May 01 2017 04:22 AM
52Carl Offline
Master Gabster
I went to 4 different high schools. I didn't really know anyone back then. I am sure I wouldn't know them now.

Re: An observation [Re: coilover] #1215485 Mon May 01 2017 05:00 AM
R
Rich'sToys Offline
Shop Shark
Our 50th is coming up this fall. I believe this is only the fourth one our class has ever had. The only reason we have any is because a few people took it upon themselves to get it set up. Our class was never terribly organized about things like this.

By the way, rickmg, my wife and I are still together also. A month after the class reunion we will celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary.

Rich

'47 Loadmaster

One of the biggest problems facing the world today is apathy. But who cares?

Re: An observation [Re: Justhorsenround] #1215533 Mon May 01 2017 03:06 PM
Cletis Offline
Extreme Gabster
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
Cletis, I think the every year reunion types are the small schools that may lump several years of graduating classes together. That seems to be the way they do it around here. My school (very large OKC school) does it every 5 years and invites the class of '65 to join us '64 types. Maybe I'll go to the 75th.

Martin, you missed my point. It is not their 50th reunion or 60th reunion. It is a 50 year reunion or a 60 year reunion.

"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
My TRUCKS website
Re: An observation [Re: coilover] #1215537 Mon May 01 2017 04:01 PM
S
Sedgewick Offline
Shop Shark
Never went to any as I never graduated from high school. I was kicked out in Grade 9 after an altercation with the principal. He caught me missing classes as I was washing elephants when the circus came to town instead. The circus was held in a large field not far from school. Never liked school.
Having said that I do not regret any of it. I worked hard, picked up education from the school of hard knocks, found a very good job and retired at age 49.

"Sedgewick"
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1989 Caprice

Re: An observation [Re: coilover] #1215543 Mon May 01 2017 04:12 PM
J
Jim Bow Offline
Shop Shark
I'm kinda with 52carl. 2 different high schools. We moved 1700 miles before my senior year and I joined the Navy not long after graduation. I've only been back to that town 3 times in 50 years.

"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
Re: An observation [Re: coilover] #1215667 Tue May 02 2017 03:19 AM
52Carl Offline
Master Gabster
Washing elephants instead of going to class.
I have to say that I would have been right there with you Sedge.
In fact, if there were elephants in need of washing on the way to work today, I'd get in trouble.

Re: An observation [Re: coilover] #1215678 Tue May 02 2017 04:08 AM
S
Sedgewick Offline
Shop Shark
As a child my family would rent a cabin on a small farm north of us. Loved the animals and that love has stayed with me since. Never met an animal I didn't like and washing elephants was a big deal for me. Never got paid but had free admission to all the shows. In my mind that beat school by a long shot. Last year I "adopted' my second elephant. her name is Billie and she lives on a sanctuary in Tennessee. My first was Thika and she was one of three taken from the Toronto Zoo and shipped to California. I will never see these animals as they are both on very large sanctuaries and left alone to do what they want. Sometimes they are gone for days just roaming. By adopting I agree to pay an annual fee to maintain them. They have thousands of adopted parents!

"Sedgewick"
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1989 Caprice

Re: An observation [Re: coilover] #1215698 Tue May 02 2017 10:46 AM
C
coilover Offline OP
Shop Shark
After we lost the farm my dad went to work for the county operating a maintainer. He got $21 a month to support a family of eight so there was no circus money but I would go work for a ticket. The job was setting up the grandstands and my partner was an elephant. She would raise the step frame and I would lay the seat boards in place while a full time guy hammered on the clips. I thought I knew how to work an elephant when in truth she did really didn't need humans at all for her job. When the stands were up I got my ticket and her reward was a nice long bath and a scrubbing with a brown bristle brush. We were both satisfied with out pay.

Evan
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop