The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
Indianapolis

Fabrications

Talk to Randy Domeck

See what they

can do

for you
!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (TGP, redrob, tomctomc), 417 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics107,116
Posts837,851
Members39,862
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
66HARDATWORK, atomarc, granite1, Hanks54, kristan, OG 52 Chevy 4x4, pearldrumbum, Rick513100, seamas 65, SortaStock63, TENNESSEE DANIELS, TMAC396
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1211129 - Sat Apr 01 2017 05:41 AM New Braunfels swap meet  
Spotbiltxo  Offline
Shop Shark
San Antonio, Texas, USA
April 21-22-23, 2017. 25th year. It's always a good one and one of my favorites each year. I actually take a day of vacation so I can be there all day Friday. Saturday is the busiest day. Usually lots of good stuff and a car coral too. I'll be there splitting time between my two car club booths......... The Inliners International space and the SA Rodders space. The Inliners always have shade and a cold drink and sausage on the grill, so stop by and say hello. Hope to see some of you there!

Chuck
1950 Chevy 1/2 ton
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1941 Chevy coupe
1938 Chevy coupe streetrod

#1214376 - Sun Apr 23 2017 11:07 PM Re: New Braunfels swap meet [Re: Spotbiltxo]  
Spotbiltxo  Offline
Shop Shark
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Well, it didn't rain this year so the swap meet was nice and dry. A cold front blew in early Saturday morning and the temp dropped at least 10 degrees and stayed in the low 60's all day, so it was real nice weather. It was overcast too, so no hot direct sun. Found an unused rebuilt 6V generator. Fellow had bought it and then decided to convert to 12V and never put it on. Bought it for $25. Good deal, eh?!?! Then met a guy selling a '54 half ton he had built up. Nothing fancy but it was nice driver quality with a 350/350 setup, new IFS and Camaro rear. It sold for $18K. Very reasonable I thought. He had lots of leftover truck parts but what caught my eye were the 3 sets of original tailgate chains. Asked the price......"How about $1 a pair?" I snapped 'em up right quick like! He even threw in a extra single chain for nothing. Nice fellow and said he comes every year. I'll be sure to look for him again next year to see if he's got any new goodies.

It was a nice swap meet and even if you didn't need anything you missed a good chance to see lots of stuff you'll never need. Lots of vendors and most of it was pretty good quality parts, etc. If you missed it you really ought to plan to go next year!

Chuck
1950 Chevy 1/2 ton
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1941 Chevy coupe
1938 Chevy coupe streetrod

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->