The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
Indianapolis

Fabrications

Talk to Randy Domeck

See what they

can do

for you
!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online Now
21 registered members (Cablesmill, FootStomper, dynasoar, '54 3600, 2 invisible), 494 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics106,661
Posts834,135
Members39,824
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
Blast, Dan1945GMC, DANTHECHEVYMAN, Devin bloodorth, Devin c Bloodworth, DOOG, FyrFyterHauss, hotterbrat1, Jeff Riggins, Jeffs65GMC, sweeteddie
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1201531 - Thu Jan 26 2017 10:35 AM Hello from Minnesota  
53gmc150  Offline
Moderated
minnesota
As the name reads, my wife and I are proud owners of a 53 GMC 3/4T pickup. It's kinda special to us because my wifes grandfather bought it new and it was what my wife learned to drive in (a long time ago). It was a hard used farm truck and it shows.

My wife's brother bought it from her grandfather in the late 70's to restore in tech school. Unfortunately he was killed in a motercycle accident shortly after he started it. The truck sat in one of the grandfathers pole barns till the early 90's when we bought it.

The truck has sat in storage for the last 25 years. The plan was that once we pay the house off, we can start the truck. We have 2 years till we can "offically" start. Though much of the body and interior is in parts, it is very complete. We moved the truck to where I'm going to work on it last fall. We started cleaning it up and inventorying the boxes of parts in the cab. My wife's eyes lit up like it was Christmas from the memories that came up. It was special.

We've decided that the goal is to restore it to mainly original while leaving some character. This is where this forum comes in. I've worked on cars all my life and I plan on doing everything myself other then machining. Hopefully when I get hung up on something I have other minds to pick.

#1201692 - Fri Jan 27 2017 05:56 AM Re: Hello from Minnesota [Re: 53gmc150]  
Rich'sToys  Online
Shop Shark
Janesville, Mn
Welcome!
Plenty of good info here.
What part of Minnesota?

Rich

'47 Loadmaster

Politicians and Lawyers have twisted everything in this country into knots that we can never unravel.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.

#1201736 - Fri Jan 27 2017 04:49 PM Re: Hello from Minnesota [Re: 53gmc150]  
Achipmunk  Offline
Boiling Springs, S. C. 29316
Welcome to the Stovebolt. Fantastic story and always special when it has family ties. We are here to help you on your journey and we do that best when you ask questions in the best suited garage forums. Engine questions in Engine Forum and paint and body in the Paint and Body work forum...ect.
Quite a few bolters here from Mn. so watch for them.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

#1201749 - Fri Jan 27 2017 05:49 PM Re: Hello from Minnesota [Re: 53gmc150]  
69Cuda  Offline
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Seattle, Wa.
welcome to the site! Cool story, and great to hear your wife is on board!

Mike

1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->