The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
16 members (Bill Marlow, BLUEMEANIE, bigedpa, 593ETow, 9% grade, Achipmunk, 1 invisible), 211 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics119,911
Posts960,368
Members43,513
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: After action reports -- so tell us how the weekend went!
Peggy M #1182540 Wed Sep 14 2016 02:47 AM
Shop Shark
Brian
I enjoyed your Mom, she's a hoot and I was hoping you would catch that.
Sylvia is on her way to Australia with Tim and Karen.

Don

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
'46 2-Ton grain truck
'48 3/4-ton grain truck
'50 2-ton flatbed
'54 Pontiac Straight Eight
'70 American LaFrance pumper fire truck.
Peggy M #1182599 Wed Sep 14 2016 04:41 PM
"MONGO"
Wayne67vert I think ended up with that long distance award, Don.

Mongo & Company are back home and I'm back in the swing of slinging truck parts.

Had a little trouble friday night at the Cruise with my new 46 Rig "Ralph" we had a little flat Since Ralph wears custom offset rears we pulled the fender and ended up running him back to the show on a 19.5 "Spacesaver" Spare I had at the shop. Even with the donut spare on we still used him Saturday to pull two stuck Duallys out of the mud in the spectator parking lot.

My good friend Tony Todd (TTOD here on the bolt) finally got to attend the Stovebolt reunion. I met Tony and some of his cohorts years ago via the Stovebolt and have become great friends with them all. Tony and our buddy Roy Built Ralph. They also built my winch truck "Sam" and they brought the Stovebolts favorite doodlebug "Jr" back to life. Looked like Tony had a great time at the show and with all the Stovebolters even though I was running around as usual.

The Show was a great success we'll be adding up the numbers, paying the bills and getting everything squared away over the next week but we will be able to help the charities a lot this year. We were made aware of a critical need one of them had saturday and we will be working to help them out with that hopefully by the end of the week.

Thanks to all the Stovebolters that were able to make it and help make our show a success, I know I don't get the time I'd like to spend with the crew at Stovebolt Central but I'm always there in spirit and am so happy we're able to provide the venue for the group to get together in real life in this part of the country.

Thank you to all the guys who were able to come out to the yard thursday and check it out. And I was happy to be able to fulfil some parts needs in the process.
It's always fun running in a pack and leading the convoy to Aldersons in Ralph was a hoot.
Thanks to the Aldersons for opening up their truck home for us all and I gotta say I dig the new setup in the truck barn.

Steve "Mongo" AKA KCMongo

Mongo's Garage
Vintage GM Truck's & Parts
Peggy M #1182600 Wed Sep 14 2016 04:47 PM
L
Shop Shark
Lightholder and I made it back to Prescott with the COE last night, with no problems whatsoever. Went a slightly different way through Kansas just to see some different country. Saw a herd of old 2 ton farm trucks before Dodge City, in a field. Mostly Chevys, with two Fords and a Federal. Had a beer at the Long Branch Saloon in Dodge City (my Mother's maiden name was Earp; Wyatt Earp's grandfather is my great great great grandfather, so it was appropriate).
Kent

1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix
Peggy M #1182874 Fri Sep 16 2016 11:13 AM
W
Master Gabster
Sorry i missed the yard but maybe next year, thanks for all your hard work, Steve. Still tired a week later. I got the Forum long distance award the first year i came with the 54. glad too see people coming from further away.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Peggy M #1182882 Fri Sep 16 2016 01:10 PM
W
Shop Shark
We're home yesterday around noon.
Drove 3000 miles, went through 11 states.
No problems except getting out of gas stations when someone always wants to talk old trucks smile

Wayne

When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post. malmwayne@hotmail.com
Peggy M #1182909 Fri Sep 16 2016 05:18 PM
T
Shop Shark
One of the downsides in owning an old chevvy is you have to fuel them up and sometimes you are in a hurry

57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Peggy M #1182914 Fri Sep 16 2016 05:57 PM
Moderator - The Electrical Bay and Rocky Mountain Bolters
Wayne67vert... I had a different problem getting out of a couple of gas stations....

The pumps were too close to the buildings... and I had a solid inch of clearance between the rear of my trailer and the protective posts.. but I managed.

Another quality post.

Real Trucks Rattle

HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
2-Ton #1182932 Fri Sep 16 2016 08:50 PM
W
Master Gabster
George Wrenchbender Ret. Home. Great show

They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.

1956 Chevy 1/2-Ton Pickup

Peggy M #1182937 Fri Sep 16 2016 10:01 PM
Shop Shark
Good to see you made it all the way home safely George.

Peggy M #1182957 Sat Sep 17 2016 03:00 AM
Moderator - The Electrical Bay and Rocky Mountain Bolters
Mmm... I just found a once missing bag of "Biscuits and Gravy" Chips.. yum

Another quality post.

Real Trucks Rattle

HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  2-Ton 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop