The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Big Thanks!

Big THANKS to

MONGO
for hosting
the weekend event.

Read all about it.

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
8 members (festerhairball, Bolter Finally, Michael Kamer, Leo, 2 invisible), 130 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics124,615
Posts1,005,771
Members44,984
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
need advice
#1154675 Sat Mar 12 2016 03:03 PM
D
Shop Shark
I need some advice on my 42 project. I haven't worked on it in a very long time. I have neither the time or money to finish it. The most important factor in all of this is I've lost the desire to work on it. My question is should I keep it or sell it and let someone else enjoy it? By the way it's a 42 sitting on a s10 frame.

The crew that works on the \'42 --Sara, Hannah and Abby [stovebolt.com]
Re: need advice
dad6timz #1154762 Sun Mar 13 2016 03:21 AM
'Bolter
I've been wondering what happened to you!

...don't sell it. Take a day or two and get rejuvenated. Its car show time so take in a couple cruises. Just 15 minutes a day will work wonders in a months time. You sell....you regret....

I get down to Simpsonville on a few occasions delivering drive shafts. Lunch would be nice one day. Monday or Friday.
DON"T SELL IT.

Pick one or two Saturday's and I'll come help you out, Joe. Let me know when.

....another option may be to get someone to help you get it running and go from there. It may make a difference.

Last edited by Achipmunk; Sun Mar 13 2016 03:24 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup [stovebolt.com]

1952 Chevy Panel [stovebolt.com]
52 Chevy Panel [photos.app.goo.gl]

Pictures in my Photobucket [s140.photobucket.com]

1950 Chevy Coupe
https://photos.websearch.com/share/...Nko1cUJCNFFMTVFEUnNRbjFhNTFPc1J4YWV4cmRB

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
dad6timz #1154776 Sun Mar 13 2016 04:29 AM
'Bolter
We should not worry too much about experiencing "The Funk".
It is just a brief moment in life where logic, common sense, practical reasoning has crept in, to try to corrupt us, and pull us away from our rediculous, overly expensive, pointless hobby.
It will pass with time. A visit from a fellow knucklehead who is not currently in a funk will snap you out of it. Start going to car events and talk to people.
Carl

dad6timz #1154781 Sun Mar 13 2016 05:09 AM
Moderator, Passing Lane
wait at least 6 months to decide..

we called that a 6 month rule when you have to make big decision and you aren' sure what to do..

Redryder

My Hotrod

I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

dad6timz #1154801 Sun Mar 13 2016 03:29 PM
C
Shop Shark
Hang in there Joe! Wondered where you went since you left NY and you haven't been around here in a while. Don't sell you'll regret later.....what better way to spend time with the girls!! I haven't finished my 4t6....its been in the garage for at least 10 years, I loose interest and the next thing you know you're putzing with it again. Like Alvin says 15 minutes a day.....you'd be surprised how much you accomplish....good to hear from you!!! Hope all is well
Dan

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop