The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,972
Posts969,792
Members43,809
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
..major floor repair help needed..
#111722 Sat Oct 23 2004 01:58 AM
S
alright guys. its been a while, but i have acquired a new project! this time a 67 C10. the floor of the cab is shot. probably literally, but its not noticeable as most of it isn't there.

but i'm wondering my bewst way to go about repairing this.

A.) buy O/E replacement cab corners, rocker panels, and floor pans, although i can't find a place that sells the piece of steel that goes under the gas tank. but the above 3 items, for each side, will run me 178.50, w/ tax.

B.) Graft in a new floor off of a newer truck..is that possible?? i dunno, i thought the idea was appealing, or find a solid floor off of a truck of that style.

C.) make my own out of sheet metal/diamond plate/ whatever is handy.

if anyone out there could give me some input...i'd greatly appreciate it.

thanx for your time.
SamWise

.for every 1 mile of road theres 2 miles of ditches.

1969 K20 , with a '67 front clip. fleetside. 292, 3x1 offy, headers. sm465 4spd. getting put back together, almost ready for paint.
doing it all myself.
19 and lovin' it.

"proper" is so over-rated.

.later days.
.sam.
Re: ..major floor repair help needed..
#111723 Sat Oct 23 2004 04:55 PM
A
Cab corner & rockers are best to be bought, the time you will spend making cab corners is not worth it. the floor you may be able to fab, all depends on how flat it is. I replace a couple of cab corners about a month ago for a friends GMC and only took an hour or so to remove the two cab corners with a grinder & cutoff disk and mig weld them into place and a skim coat of filler over the welds

#111724 Mon Oct 25 2004 09:57 PM
B
Shop Shark
My floor has little daylight holes all around the toe area and some small rust through areas where the floor angles up to the firewall. It is thin but solid and the shape is there. I'm going to check into the POR-15 floor patch kit. Any other thoughts there??

Buddy

"Keep the shiny side up....."
'50 GMC Suburban
'55 1st Chevy Pickup
http://community.webshots.com/user/buddyinak
#111725 Tue Nov 09 2004 07:42 AM
Wrench Fetcher
the money and time spent on fixing the cab you can get a cherry i just went that route gave up on a rusted 50 cab glad i did found a cheap replacement almost perfect

#111726 Tue Nov 09 2004 07:47 AM
Wrench Fetcher
i used the por 15 floor patch the floor still flexed to much so i also fiberglassed over the por15 this worked out nice and made the floor look good to i had some fairly big holes but the fiberglass will go right over the por 15 if needed

Moderated by  HandyAndy, klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop